When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Removing Smp Chrono 7750

gioarmani

I've never taken a chrono out of the case before & need a little help. What position does the crown need to be in exactly, to remove the movement from the case (if memory serves, it's not all the way out--to activate the hacking--like it is to remove a 2836)? And is there anything special that needs to be done to detach the movement from the chrono-pushers? The reason I ask is would like to plan ahead to eventually attempt a super-lume on my SMP with the C3 that Leverton is selling.

Thanks in advance,

Todd

• 2 weeks later...

I am also interested in take the movement of a chrono out. I have also a question: to put the crown back, when must be the hacking/stem release push? During all the time? I mean, I must push the stem while I am putting back the crown? (sorry but my english is may be not enough to say it clear).

I am afraid that I could breack the keyless works.

thank you

I am also interested in take the movement of a chrono out. I have also a question: to put the crown back, when must be the hacking/stem release push? During all the time? I mean, I must push the stem while I am putting back the crown? (sorry but my english is may be not enough to say it clear).

I am afraid that I could breack the keyless works.

thank you

When installing the stem, you insert it until it won't go in any further, then and only then, do you press on the stem release to get the stem to lock in place. You press on the stem release and push on the crown towards the case and it should click into position and lock.

RG

i've always used the hack position on the 7750 and had some difficulty reinstalling the stem. keyless seems pretty stable in this one but it's good to know i was in the wrong position! may be easier for me next time! thank you The Zigmeister!

also The Zigmeister, can you let us know the correct position to remove the stems on these movements to make sure i am doing them right. i would not want to have to reset another keyless...... here is the positions i use.

2824- hack position

2836- hack position

6497/8- makes no difference it seems

7750-53 winding position

2892/3/4- hack position

asian 21j- hack position

any changes reccomended to this advice The Zigmeister?

thanks!

FF

I remove the stem on ALL watches in the Winding position, without out exception...

Why? as it seems to go against the mainstream...

Well for many reasons, some hard to explain, but mostly due to the fact in the winding position, the clutch is held against the crown gear and it holds it in place, the clutch lever and spring has little force on it and when you press on the set lever there is little risk of the keyless works popping out of place.

It has worked for me, on hundreds of watches, it may not be mainstream, but I can't deny that it works...every time...

RG