When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IAN2109

Before I begin, I would like to say a really big thank you to all the members who have offered support and advice.

There is so much readily available info on this site and on many occasions I have PM'd people who have come back to me quickly helping me clarify things that had been puzzling me for days! 

Rolojack did a 60's 1016 for me and was kind enough to advise on the spec on this 5513.

Rolexaddict put the watch together as I really wanted the watch before Christmas and RJ wasn't free till January.

I hope you'll agree RA did a fine job. Having said that I am sending to RJ in January anyway for him to cast his expert eye over it.

Spec is

Base watch 1680 from Trevor

SK T19 crystal

Athaya 702 crown and tube

Yuki dial

I have been a member for a few years and visit everyday. I feel a bit guilty that to date I have not contributed much!

Anyway, onto the pics and enjoy my first post!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Is there a gap between bezel insert and bezel ring? Looks to me like the insert isn't flush with the bezel ring. Hard to tell from the pics though, they are a bit blurry, but better check before the insert falls out (or worse, gets stuck somewhere).

Can't tell whether there is a gap between crown and case, if there is a gap, it means there was no countersunk drilled into the case before installing the tube (which may affect water resistance, depending on how the tube was installed - with or without loctite/epoxy).

Thanks for the replies/ comments 

when I received the watch from Trevor you could spin the bezel around it was so loose and the insert wobbled

RA worked on the bezel. It is bi directional and operates on the auto lock system seen on vintage rolex sports models. It can't be moved freely you have to press it down to turn it then set it to the position you want. I think he did a great job on this

The bezel is flush with the top of the bezel ring and no longer wobbles. RJ is going to shave the bezel insert  so it is thinner and so will sit slightly inside the bezel ring instead of being flush with the top of it

regardibg the hands if I were to change them would it be best to get TC hands?

Thanks

Here's his website. A full set of the V2 hands (what you want) will cost you $50, but they are worth every penny.

http://blog.tc-sub.com/2012/05/tc-parts-list.html

His email is tc670207@gmail.com

Just a note, he's not exactly a rep dealer so he doesn't love working like one. I would take a look at his "rules and regulations" if you wanna call them that: http://blog.tc-sub.com/2012/05/email-tc.html

Nice watch. Can't wait to see the new hands on it.