When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New AP Chrono Divers

BobDoesBeirut

There is a discussion going on in the AP forum about these new divers. Personally, I like divers that are divers, and chronos that are chronos, but not a mix of the two. Big minus for me, they lost the date feature to incorporate the chrono module. Wonder what happens when some guy decides to run his chrono while submerged 30-60 feet? at some point it will be a disaster. Main reason Rolex and later everyone else who was concerned about water resistance went to the screw down pushers, as the old pump pushers were almost impossible to keep sealed. Not that anyone will ever dive with one of these, but when you claim 300 meters water resistance, someone will try it not at 100 meters, but maybe at 100 feet!!  

On January 19, 2016 at 11:07 AM, panerai153 said:

There is a discussion going on in the AP forum about these new divers. Personally, I like divers that are divers, and chronos that are chronos, but not a mix of the two. Big minus for me, they lost the date feature to incorporate the chrono module. Wonder what happens when some guy decides to run his chrono while submerged 30-60 feet? at some point it will be a disaster. Main reason Rolex and later everyone else who was concerned about water resistance went to the screw down pushers, as the old pump pushers were almost impossible to keep sealed. Not that anyone will ever dive with one of these, but when you claim 300 meters water resistance, someone will try it not at 100 meters, but maybe at 100 feet!!  

I'm with you on that. Diver's should be plain, simple and indestructible. This is watering down the RO & ROO even more then it already is. IMO this is not a good direction for AP.