When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Default Sorry for the recent delays in communications, I'm back at work tomorrow 26th

SSTEEL

If you have a watch with me right now, or shipped your watch to me, please rest assured I am still here, just been very busy repairing our family car, with temperatures hitting -31 degrees here recently, we found our cars block heater had failed, and thus unable to start the car to use it.  I have now repaired this, but the attempt to start the car whilst it was frozen has caused a knock-on-effect, and now will not start at all even with the block heater heating the engine coolant prior to starting.

24240125780_bee1f09496_o.jpgDSC05825.JPG by Micky Aldridge, on Flickr

I have been working outdoors in far from ideal conditions, using a heat gun to keep my hands warm whilst investigating the problem.  I have discovered after eliminating several things that the issue with our car is the CPS, aka Crank Positioning Sensor, so have ordered one, and will fit when it arrives.

In the meantime I will be back at the workbench tomorrow morning, and will follow up on any emails received during this time I have been busy freezing my nuts off lol

Thanks for your patience.

• Like 1

Your not wrong there mate.  Its been a mission, had to join online Saab forums to get some help as I was unfamiliar with the ignition set up of this model, and its DIC system.  Direct Ignition Cassette.

Indeed, plus when working with watches, its best to be completely focused, and in the right frame of mind.  Its been a stressful time working on the car, not only frustrating trying to find the fault, but with the wife not being happy about the car being off the road is also stressful.  having to walk to the store with a sledge is what she's been having to do, the post office is a few km's, so been making every other day visits to collect packages instead of daily collections.