When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Submariner 5513.....

Guest chronomat123

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bloody hell, talk about a 50-post wild goose chase :blink:

Chronomat - now you've changed your underwear, next time ask the question BEFORE you purchase pleeeeease! Can't understand why you were so inclined to panic based on a single opinion. IMO anyone without a detailed and extensive knowledge to the point of anal-retentiveness (e.g. Randy :winkiss: ) has no place dabbling in the vintage Rollie market, never mind doing so on ebay based on a few pics - that's certifiably insane!!! It's getting riskier and riskier out there these days even at European watch fairs, with whole graveyards being dug up and sold as 'original'. You were lucky, be thankful and enjoy wearing (and keeping?) it.

Oh and one more question, what happened to your 'no more gens' pledge, supposedly to help pay your way through dental school??? :brow:

dont want to sound off but im astounded given some of the info spilled that you didnt just wait till you got the watch and look yourself saving everyone a lot of time and bother. even more so since you have another gen there too. posting pics after inspecting in the flesh and asking if you were still unsure would have been better, just looking against your other watch would have been better still.

Where is the fun in that :):thumbsupsmileyanim:

Guest chronomat123

Doc--

WTF?

Do you have a problem with me buying and reselling genuine Rolexes? Quite miffed.

I remember you made a tongue in cheek comment about the 16550 I bought. God forbid I might buy a $9000 watch for much less with the intent to resell it. I'm in school and don't have a solid income, so when I can make money I jump on it.

[censored]. I guess that makes me a capitalist, huh. :doh:

As for the post I made: Doc, people responded because they wanted to. What would motivate you to even bother writing all that gripe if you'd never contributed to the post in the first place? Just seems.......

Was my post a waste of bandwith, doc?

I'm sorry. The bandwith I wasted could have gone to something more original, like maybe post number 184789754875895682529th about crown guard shaving. :closedeyes:

Bloody hell, talk about a 50-post wild goose chase :blink:

Chronomat - now you've changed your underwear, next time ask the question BEFORE you purchase pleeeeease! Can't understand why you were so inclined to panic based on a single opinion. IMO anyone without a detailed and extensive knowledge to the point of anal-retentiveness (e.g. Randy :winkiss: ) has no place dabbling in the vintage Rollie market, never mind doing so on ebay based on a few pics - that's certifiably insane!!! It's getting riskier and riskier out there these days even at European watch fairs, with whole graveyards being dug up and sold as 'original'. You were lucky, be thankful and enjoy wearing (and keeping?) it.

Oh and one more question, what happened to your 'no more gens' pledge, supposedly to help pay your way through dental school??? :brow: