When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A bit lost finding the best luminor 1950 submersible

MMMor

Hey all! 

I'm new in here, and trying to find the best replica for LUMINOR 1950 SUBMERSIBLE 3 DAYS AUTOMATIC... 

Been in few sites, but not really decided.. 

I want it as the original with Swiss movement waterproof (not water resistant) and made of titanium.. 

Is there recommended sites/makers that I can rely on? 

Thanks in advanced...

Looks like a great place for a watch lover like me... :) 

I have several PAM Subs and have no problem taking any of them into the ocean swimming.   If you're planning to dive deeper, you may want to buy one and have it serviced/waterproofed by a watchmaker.    

As to the Swiss movement, I don't recall seeing any TD, selling PAM Subs with them.    Typically they come with the A7750 and a few are offered with Seagull movements.   In this non-chrono application, they are typically quite reliable.   Swiss movements in reps from China are often of worse quality than the Chinese movements.

• Like 1

I agree with the waterproofing comment from PCard above.  I have a titanium PAM 089, steel 112 and steel 114.  I sold the rest, hahah!  The 089 has been in shallow ocean dives (20 ft under), saunas, chlorine pools (15 ft bottom), and literally hours in a steam room without issue.  Anything below a 30 ft dive and I'd take it in for seal check and regrease to be safe.  In general, the PAM's are very sturdy from my experience.  Good luck with your purchase.  Titanium is an excellent choice for a Panerai.  It's light, strong and repairs extremely well with a dremel brushing head.  I have brushed mine a few times and it's like new each time.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/28/2016 at 11:19 PM, MMMor said:

Thanks for reply guys! 

It was most helpful! 

I think I'll take the Pam 616. Made of carbon... 

Any thoughts? It seems so cool! 

Any recommendations from where is the best model or even someone that have it? :) 

Check out my thread http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=264697

Pam 616 is a great choice. I'm getting the KW 389 as well. I'd order from Sead. He currently has a special! I got mine much cheaper than the other TD's.

On 2/17/2016 at 7:08 PM, MMMor said:

from what site?

curious... :)

He doesn't have a site. Just PM Sead1999 over at repgeek and he'll hook you up. I believe he has pics of some watches at SUPERMIRRORS but I'm not sure of the link. Check the TD list here or on RG. He was easy to deal with and fast service.

I vote for the 364...one of the best if not the best 1950 Sub available.

I owned two 616 (v6f) and even though they are really cool watches they aren't as gen like as we all want them. Pretty easy to spot as a rep even on the wrist since the carbotech structure is totally different from the gen.

Like said before...read ALEs PAM replica guide...you won't regret it :)

Bud.......    Trust what people have told you already and stop agonizing over this first purchase.   Go to a TD and buy a reasonably priced piece.   When you receive it, I can almost guarantee that you'll be thrilled beyond imagination.   Especially with a PAM305, as these are some of the better reps out there.