When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help with broken movement

BT1982

Hey guys,

I purchased a new PAM616 from a trusted dealer about 6 weeks ago. It began stopping in the middle of the day about 2 weeks ago, and then died completely last night. Usually, if i would give it a little help with a manual wind it would start back up. I took the back off, and nothing seems to be apparently broken. The date wheel and time function correctly when the stem is turned.

Anyways, looking for guidance on what to do with this thing. I dont know if there are replacement periods with TD or if I will need to find someone to fix it. I am still relatively new to watches, so im not 100% comfortable in breaking it down but would oppose a try if anyone thinks it could be an easy fix.

Appreciate the guidance.

Do you know what movement is in there?  Does it have the faux dress plate/s?  Sometimes the faux screws on these dress plates can come unstuck, and can cause the balance to stop by getting wedged in the pallet area.

Thanks for the reply SSteel. It's the p9000 movement which I think is a 7750. I'm at a slight disadvantage because the dealers website was taken down yesterday, so i cant see the exact model. I took a picture of it helps. The rotor seems to spin freely. 101db03b48b7aaab04e804299739171b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just uploading a photo for you, you have a loose, rogue movement clamp, and s crew in the movement.

Here you go..

24932932731_003203c641_o.pngloose movement tab & Screw by Micky Aldridge, on FlickrYou 

You need to locate the missing screw, and refit the movement tab with it.

• Like 1

You need to find the screw and fish that movement tab out and put everything back where it belongs. If the screw or tab gets jammed in the movement, you could have some damage.Just because it's running now doesn't mean it's fixed!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You guys are incredible. Thanks for helping me out. I was able to fish the movement tab out, but cant locate the screw. I think your right, its inside the movement. Is this something i should consider sending out? I tried to move the watch around to get the screw to fall out.

Thanks again for all your help. Much appreciated!