When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DW Review...

automatico

Back in time...

http://s235.photobucket.com/user/watch_david/library/?sort=3&page=1

There once was a watch guy named David...

who once sold cases to the enslaved.

The longer he lasted...

the more he got blasted...

and now he is surely long gone.

But a question remains...

amongst all the pains.

Was he be right...

or be Wong?

A poem...not by Henry Gibson.

Hahahaha. It's funny because I just acquired a DW Paul Newman and after doing a bit of google searching I came across that same account. Thrilled with the watch though. Besides the fact that all the engravings on the clasp are misspelled besides the word ROLEX. :lol: 

Gotta love that 6239 albino

02.jpg

I never have been able to figure out ol' DW.  If he hadn't flaked out he coulda made a fortune supplying parts...  I have a case, guess I better build it into something someday...

"He also had a killer 1680 case with correct spelling & sn"

Yep, the first two cases I got were fine but the third one was made out of STINLESS STEEL. Must be a new space age alloy.

I loaded up on them thinking they were super hot (and relatively cheap), but...well...they were 'in spec 1680' on the inside but 'out of spec 1680' on the outside. Thin lugs, pot belly sides, no bevels, spring wire bezels but fairly high quality none the less. I made up a '1680' using one with a gennywine 1680 dial and 1570/5 movement just so the movement would be kept clean and dry, then a 5513 with a 1520 and a dial spacer to keep the dial from falling through the front of the case and next, another 1680 with a Yuki dial and old 1570/5 that I wore quite a bit. They do have good letters/numbers inside the case backs but the case backs come in two different thread/outside diameter sizes, no telling why.

It's true...I am a cheerleader for DW 1680 cases, but only because I have 8 or 10 of the damn things. Who knows, someday they might be collector items...just like my Abay vintage and noob mariners did.   :pimp: