When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hi folks. For some reason today, after winding the movement I screwed the big crown down the minute and hour hands froze. The second hand works but not the other hands. I pulled the crwn all the way out several times to no avail. The watch works perfectly as far as I don't tighten the crown.

Can someone give me an idea about what can be done ? 

Thank you for your help

Thank you Freddy for the tip. I had the watch cleaned last week and I liked it up today from the watchmaker. I realized about this malfunctioning as I checked the time and the watch was 45 minutes late. I'll take it back to the shop on Monday and see what he has to say about this.

Thank you again for your help.

On 28-02-2016 at 0:53 AM, freddy333 said:

It sounds like the movement may be loose or incorrectly installed in the case so 1 or both hands are coming into contact with the underside of the crystal.

Need more help !!! I took the watch to the warchmaker and he said he had mounted the movement wrongly.  Then - you are not going to believe this - as he wass putting the second hand back on the stem, he broke it (THE STEM) don't ask me how.  I now have a working watch without stem where to insert the second hand.

TYhis is a very odd situation and the fellow told me he'll pay for the part. The question is what kind of movement Big Dazz uses on his 6538s ?  and where can I buy the part or even where can I get a movement that fits in the Silix case of Bg Daza's 6538s ?

This is such a special watch that I miss so much on my wrist.

Thank you for reading this sad story.

Hi, if it´s a standard Big Dazza (beautiful watch) it will have a slow beat DG 2813 inside most probably. You can get these from O. Frey (Conus) or Cousins.UK (EU) or from Ebay, nothing to worry about, like $40 shipped. Which stem did break? The one that holds the crown You can get also here: http://rafflestime.com/watch-movement/

About the watchmaker.....does he also do shoes, like shoemaker - double-job?

Hi Nightwatch: Thank you for your tip on how to solve the problem.  I'll check ebay and the other sources for a movement to replace the damaged one. The broken stem is the one on which you insert the seconds hand.  As I said I really like the watch. Fortunately $ 40 dollars for a new movement is affordable so I'll order it as soon as I find one.

The watchmaster I take my reps to is generally competent, but this time he really blew it.

Thank you all for the suggestions for solving the problem.

Best, Alter