When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Patek Philippe "faux" Tourbillion - Joshua (p.c.)

Corgi

Hello.

I was looking at all of the tourbillion timepieces on Perfect-Clones, and one instantly caught my attention as a favourite:

176532-8270.jpg

There is only one problem I want to settle before ordering. Joshua advertises the piece as a "Synthetic Sapphire front and back + Display Case back". Regardless, I wouldn't mind an engraved back. However, what is pictured here confuses me more than some of those famous 'impossible object' and 'eye trick' photographs.

176532-8271.jpg

Are you seeing what I'm seeing? The bottom part of the watch looks like its melting over the screws. It's eerily fascinating, but at the same time somewhat off-putting since I can't get a good image of the watch in my head... a personal necessity before ordering.

Can someone here look at the picture and try to figure out the truth behind the deception? Or am I just going blind, or insane? :g:

Yea, just a bad photo. He put white cards around the watch to try and reflect whit into it (the case back is super polished to a mirror like finish) however he did not do such a great job of it. In the area from about 12:00 to about 3:00 going backwards (in other words that big, odd "C" shape, you are seeing the cards (and the camera itself if you look closely). Then in the rest of the case you see either the ceiling or some card put above the watch... but the actual watch is just fine.

Poor photo of an engraved case back (you can just see the vestiges of the engraving) NOT a display one.

Not a true Tourbillon (as the title says - "faux") but does have that three facetted embellishment mounted under the strut (and above the exposed balance wheel) which will give a one minute rotation (making a passable representation of a 'flying minute tourbillon').

Even though it's not a genuine 1000$ tourbillon, I think it's still quite unique.

But I have never run accross a picture of a real watch like this. It is, in my opinion, a fantasy piece. Either way, it's certainly one of the better looking retrogators and Perfect-Clones and a hot contender for my next purchase after I order my new 42mm PO. Boy, I just can't wait for the PO! Orange Bezel and the best luminosity ever!

Poor photo of an engraved case back (you can just see the vestiges of the engraving) NOT a display one.

Not a true Tourbillon (as the title says - "faux") but does have that three facetted embellishment mounted under the strut (and above the exposed balance wheel) which will give a one minute rotation (making a passable representation of a 'flying minute tourbillon').

I wish more watches did this--sure, anyone who knows what a tourbillon is is going to laugh their asses off, but at first glance it's a much better homage than the usual exposed balance wheel. In fact, if they ever took the time to replace the 3 triangles with a ring w/teeth like most center tourbillon's have, IMO, there would be no need for a "real" $1000 tourbillon.

oh my god, lol... of course this is not a see-through caseback roflmao jesus lol are you all blind or what? :lol: :lol:

josh just uses some standart template so he doesnt have to write all the specifications again and again, b/c almost all watches have asian 21j and so on

oh my god, lol... of course this is not a see-through caseback roflmao jesus lol are you all blind or what? :lol: :lol:

I think that was covered already when I said:

Either way that doesn't seem to be a display back unless the metal you are seeing flips open to reveal a display back.

:blink:

Blind leading the blind? :black_eye::lol:

"Hey if you like it, who cares if it's fantasy! And I agree"

That is why I bought the Vach Const version of this watch. No real one exists, but it is really cool looking, and I love it.

Mine has a working reserve instead of the "day" dial.

You'll notice that the date hand will not line up exactly. However, that is nitpicking for the price.