When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

No ones talking TUDOR today?

highoeyazmuhudee

I say thumbs down on all of the above. They took a good design and, purely for the sake of being able to offer something at this glorified trade show, they ruined it. I really liked the Black Bay black, but the new dial configuration with shield plus even larger case size, on top of retiring the previous versions, is a complete fail IMHO.

I was thinking I'd get a new BBB someday but apparently that's not in the cards. Now when that time comes I'll just save a little more and buy a used Rolex instead. That's what I really want, anyway.

Tudor briefly had my attention as a potential customer and as quickly as they earned it, they lost it.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Well, that's a plus and good to learn. I still prefer the original dial configuration. With the changes, I'm sure people (especially sellers on TRF) are going to try to pull the old "this is a special, discontinued/retired dial with rose and curved text so I'm increasing the price accordingly" sales trick.

Those guys are the same ones who jump for joy when Rolex raises prices because they mistakenly think it somehow magically translates to the depreciated, used market.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Mendota Explorer said:

With the changes, I'm sure people (especially sellers on TRF) are going to try to pull the old "this is a special, discontinued/retired dial with rose and curved text so I'm increasing the price accordingly" sales trick.

Those guys are the same ones who jump for joy when Rolex raises prices because they mistakenly think it somehow magically translates to the depreciated, used market.

that about sums it up. the first gen tudor is a now a collectible since they dont make ones with rose dials anymore. :D

so many sellers list their 20 year old watches with a description of "todays price", "when rolex raises prices on a model that has little in common with one from 20 years ago i too will raise my prices." Nowhere else have i seen this. only on Rolex pieces. they even made those flawed damaged "spider" dials into something special, rare, and collectible.

as for the black bay. i actually like the shield dial and the addition of the cosc in house movement. that red print dial is great, if only it werent on a PVD case and bracelet. and i dont know what theyre doing bringing back that rivet bracelet. hopefully the bracelet has some sort of quick divers adjustment, which the first gen was lacking.

LOL, saw an ETA powered black bay being sold on a watch forum marketed as "soon to be collectible with the new basel models" trying to get damn near retail for it too ($200 off, on a six month old piece). i guess that makes my '96 corolla collectible too, ya know before they were made in north america and had power options.

sounds like a pump and dump to me, trying to get out of it as close to retail as possible before they totally bottom out. I mean who wouldnt want the new tudor in house cosc movement over the generic eta one?

I've found everybody talking about them to be honest. My opinion on the matter would be

Black Bay Bronze: Nice looking but the 3-6-9 dials on a sub never really were my style and 43mm is too big for my taste, though I even found the original BB to wear a bit too big for my liking compared to my sub.
Black Bay Dark: Like to look, not sure if I'm sold on the lack of end-links but otherwise it's got a rather roguish look to it.
Black Bay (Black Dial): Lovely classic look. My favourite.
Heritage Black Bay 36: Great size, No idea why it's a BB though and the indices may be a bit large for my liking.
Tudor Style Fluted Bezel: That watch is hideous to me. It just looks incredibly bloated in the middle and completely out of scale.
Advisor Cognac: I can take it or leave it. I'm not a fan of the new series of advisor to begin with. 

Tudor can make some great watches, but I don't see anything here that I'd race out to get (Except the BB black if it were to fit my wrist).

17 hours ago, HaydenM said:

I've found everybody talking about them to be honest. My opinion on the matter would be

Black Bay Bronze: Nice looking but the 3-6-9 dials on a sub never really were my style and 43mm is too big for my taste, though I even found the original BB to wear a bit too big for my liking compared to my sub.
Black Bay Dark: Like to look, not sure if I'm sold on the lack of end-links but otherwise it's got a rather roguish look to it.
Black Bay (Black Dial): Lovely classic look. My favourite.
Heritage Black Bay 36: Great size, No idea why it's a BB though and the indices may be a bit large for my liking.
Tudor Style Fluted Bezel: That watch is hideous to me. It just looks incredibly bloated in the middle and completely out of scale.
Advisor Cognac: I can take it or leave it. I'm not a fan of the new series of advisor to begin with. 

Tudor can make some great watches, but I don't see anything here that I'd race out to get (Except the BB black if it were to fit my wrist).

ive found the black bay to actually be the same size as a rolex sea dweller 4000. it is a little thick and a 38 -39mm version would be great. i hope tudor introduces a GMT model sometime but maybe thats stepping on rolex's toes a little too much

52 minutes ago, highoeyazmuhudee said:

ive found the black bay to actually be the same size as a rolex sea dweller 4000. it is a little thick and a 38 -39mm version would be great. i hope tudor introduces a GMT model sometime but maybe thats stepping on rolex's toes a little too much

I wear a 16610 most days (or a 1016) and the original BB wore too large for me personally with about a 6 inch wrist. The idea of a GMT is cool but I doubt they could do anything near the old classic GMTs but I'm very willing to be proven wrong.

Edited by HaydenM