When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

When Yuki 3135 fully wound

Chris K

Hi,

Today I experience very weired reaction from my 16610 with Yuki.

It probably fully wound as I wear it 3days consecutively.

Without particular reason(dont know why), I just shaken it 10 times with a bit strong stroke and tried to litsen its sound,

It's like rotor rotate very rapidly like a electric fan for 1~2 seconds.

As par as I know from my poor knowledge, 3135 winds uni-direcrionally, and will be slept when it fully wound,

but it reacts like propeller wound by elastic band when it released.(quite suprised)

I never experience this from my gen dj and ym, I'm wondering if this is normal or abnormal.

need your advise

Thanks.

I'm not sure I fully understand what you are saying, but I think you mean the rotor is spinning when you wind it, correct? That is not normal and usually indicates a bad reverse wheel.  The only fix is to replace it. OIL is NOT the solution, as many people think. So if someone tells you to oil it, that won't help.

57 minutes ago, mymanmatt said:

I'm not sure I fully understand what you are saying, but I think you mean the rotor is spinning when you wind it, correct? That is not normal and usually indicates a bad reverse wheel.  The only fix is to replace it. OIL is NOT the solution, as many people think. So if someone tells you to oil it, that won't help.

Thanks for the advise.

Not the problem as you mentioned - rotor is spinning when widning it,

but after shaking it several times, rotor rotates very rapidly not by inertia and centrifugal force but by rotational force or something...

and with some vibration just like mobile phone.

Difficult to discribe it. 

Thank you for reading anyway!