When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Daytona Website

section8

I've never been a huge Daytona fan, but I AM a huge autoracing fan. I was just at the Rolex website looking at their motorsports section and the Le Mans 24 hours video loads up - I have to say that's a masterpiece of marketing because it really makes me want a Daytona!

Now my only problem is that I don't really want to deal with all the problems that the current Daytona reps have with the extra gears in the movement and what not, and I'm not a watchbuilder by any stretch of the imagination like Ubi so I can't build a franken Daytona. Guess I'll just have to bide my time until a better rep comes along..Or go for a vintage rep maybe.

I'm in the same boat, I've been wanting an SS/black dial Daytona for a very long time, gorgeous, classic chrono.

I actually gave in a few months ago, suppressed my fear of the asian 7750 secs @ 6 and ordered one from one of our finest dealers. When I got it, it had awful subdial rings, they were fat and very shiny, and the subdials were too small. It looked really cheap and fake, nothing like his web photos. After a bit of cajoling the dealer agreed to take it back and refund my money.

The subdials on the secs @ 9 Daytona are too small, and the rings are too thick, doesn't look right, IMO.

I wish they'd somehow perfect the Daytona, sigh.

Yeah, I guess I could just start looking for a good seconds at 9 daytona. I've got some time to look though as i've slotted this on my list behind the Pam 111h, FM Conquistador and Omega Seamaster Chrono :o

Dunno what it is... But the Daytona just has a sort of strange allure to it. I've always loved them... Vintage 6239's, 6263's 6265's, El Primero 16520's, and even the modern 116520's, though they are last on my list. They have always been intriguing to me, and so building my own 16520's has been my way to satisfy the desire :)