When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Numbers Are In

Nanuq

It looks like we're in for another snowy winter! Down the coast from my house about 30 miles is a ski resort and they got an unofficial 274" of snow last month. That puts us on par with another big winter... by last Spring they had received 884 inches of snow, or about 74 feet.

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

nothing :( no snow whatsoever around here :black_eye: my skies are idle and this is supposed to be the home of winter sports :bangin: how I long for those cold snowfilled winters....I envy you Bob :wounded1:

Wow you guys are lucky! In Europe we've had a crap start to the season. I'm off skiing to Val D'Isere in France on Saturday and the Alps only really had their first dump of snow on New Years day. Probably only a couple of inches down in the resort at 1800m but thankfully a couple of feet up at 2500m. Hopefully a bit more snow is due tomorrow and Friday.

I've heard Whistler's had some of the best snow around so far this winter. It's almost impossible to buy holidays there at the moment as most European skiers seem to be dropping the Alps in favour of the US and Canada.