When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Crown Tube 24-6330 & 24-5330 Info

Guest BimmerLover

Guest BimmerLover

Hi guys,

My 24-600 crown mounted on a JMB 1016 case whit the original 24-6000 tube have some trouble and it's now broken (slippin when set time)

I have a couple of 24-603 in my parts box, and since i not found any 24-600, for now i will replace whit one of the 24-603 i already have.

The case now is fitted whit the 6 mm tube (24-6000) and now if i have to replace whit 24-5330 i'm a bit worried, i believe it's too small for the 6 mm tube hole, but i also found the 24-6330 tube that fit the 24-603.

The difference between the two is that the 24-6330 should replace the 24-6000 tube as both are 6mm and the 24-5330 also fit the 24-603 but it is 5.3mm, is this information right?

Thank you for the help :)

It is correct. The 24-600 takes the large tube. The 24-603 takes the small tube. Ck your watch, it most likely has the small tube, which means your 24-603 will fit. However, If it is the large tube, you can only use the old 24-600 crown. You can go up in size with your case tube, but you cannot go down. That said, I have repaired ladies cases, using a large case tube. Here is how I did it. I drilled the ladies case, which has a small case tube, larger to fit a large case tube. I installed the large case tube. I used loctite to seal it in the case. Once it was installed, I then tapped the case tube with a ladies tap. After I tapped it, I cut the case tube flush with case, cleaned it up and put a small taper in it, and installed the small tube. It was a water tight fit. I don't recommend it, unless it's not repairable any other way. It was very nerve wrecking on the ladies gold case. A couple of AD's in town said it was not repairable. It was scary doing it for the first time. But, it worked and saved a $2500 case. You really couldn't tell anything had been done. I guess I was lucky.

• Like 1

Guest BimmerLover

Thank you for your reply Matt!

Your idea about solving the problem whit the large tube then tap, cut and install the small tube it's really great,  it's not an easy way but for sure a really great idea for save a case!

I will try the 24-603 on the tube already installed, and if is not work i will try to find the 24-600.

mmm:

That's a good fix! I never would have thought of it.

Another (but more expensive) fix is to have a jeweler laser weld a genuine solid gold case tube in the case. I have an 18k replica DJ case that is thin where the case tube threads are and plan to have a 6.0mm gold tube welded in it from the inside. I am lucky to know two local jewelers who can do this type of work but if you do not know someone, a stranger will usually try to rob you.   "Since that's a rolex case, I'll do it for only $1200."