When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fake on EBay

imajedi

That is really baffling, they should have enough evidence to shut him down. Some poor sod will get burned....

eBay makes a good 9% commission on sales though so that's why they might let this [censored] run and then, when only somebody starts to cry and opens a case they apply the buyer protection that will take a few weeks to resolve while the $$$ sits in eBay's bank account generating interest until they issue a refund

Sent from my iPhong using a rep app

6 hours ago, Max72 said:

That is really baffling, they should have enough evidence to shut him down. Some poor sod will get burned....

eBay makes a good 9% commission on sales though so that's why they might let this [censored] run and then, when only somebody starts to cry and opens a case they apply the buyer protection that will take a few weeks to resolve while the $$$ sits in eBay's bank account generating interest until they issue a refund

Sent from my iPhong using a rep app

Sadly that is exactly what will happen. I've reported the item twice, and also emailed ebay telling them how much of a joke they are for not taking it down.  It's not coming down.  Either they are taking the [censored] out of this guy too, or they just want the $450 they will get when somebody gets burned.  It's quite unfortunate.

1 hour ago, tslims99 said:

Sadly that is exactly what will happen. I've reported the item twice, and also emailed ebay telling them how much of a joke they are for not taking it down.  It's not coming down.  Either they are taking the [censored] out of this guy too, or they just want the $450 they will get when somebody gets burned.  It's quite unfortunate.

You're both absolutely right. eBay suuuuucks so bad. 

They should hire actual marketplace-connoisseurs to vet listings, but it will only catch the most flagrant offenders, like this clown. 

His emails are viciously hilarious. He's absolutely determined to win.

I had a genuine expert in the marketplace (based off detailed pics) offer me $17,000 for a gilt 5513 Franken. So I can only imagine what junk is passing through hands on eBay. 

Pretty wild.

• Like 1

GANG!!!  The seller removed the item!!!

I wish I could find out why.  Somebody needs to do some recon.  Email this clown and find out why.  I want to know if it is because ebay forced him to take it down, or he made a deal with someone off-site, or if we just harassed him so mercilessly that he finally relented!

Either way, glad I don't have to look at it anymore.  It was such a train wreck.

• Like 1