When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Will this accept a gen spec bezel ?

watchnutz

Nice! Those crown guards don't look bad at all, especially if you go for a 16750 build. You could pull off a 1675 with some minor shaping, too. They are much better than a lot of the other "1675" base watches out there. Some of those other crown guards are just horrible for a 1675.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

7 hours ago, trustywatchguy said:

Bezel insert should be able to fit but some minor modifications will be needed. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was asking about the bezel, not the bezel insert. Two very different parts. Trying to find out if the rotating bezel assembly is able to be replaced with a gen spec bezel. 

That's a good question and the answer is- I don't know. That watch was added Jan. 17, 2008 so it's an old model. I can't even tell if the dial is correct- Oyster Perpetual, but it might have a Date at the end like so many of the early rep GMTs had.

I think it would be a good idea to keep looking for a more modern rep GMT where there's a better chance of replacement parts working.

The old tried and true formula was to buy the 1655 Explorer rep from some one like Perfect Clones and then modify the case and add the GMT bezel- but case shaping isn't for the feint of heart.