When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any Opinions On How To Finish A Case?

chris5264

This is a huge piece of metal, about 43mm and very thick. Great quality but it doesn't really look like it has any finish at all to it. I'm thinking about two options. First, trying to polish it. I've never done this before with this level of case, would it take 2 hours or 20? The second option is PVD, which I think would look very good. Any opinions are welcome,,,thanks.

177841-7972.jpg

Unless you have access to commercial type polishing lathe and compounds this will not be a quick job to polish it as that crown will be difficult to do - would take me about an hour using a polishing lathe. PVD requires nothing to be done as it is depending on the finish you want. It might need bead blasting to gibe a nice even semi-matte finish.

Yes, I just got it from Otto frie, not bad for 120 (usd). It came with three different dials, all I need is the movement (a 7750) and hands. I've considered just keeping it as it, it does sort of remind me of some of the Sinn watches. The thing is huge, about 43mm across and 15mm high. If anything, will make a unique chrono....