When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Yuki Dial for 1680 Cartel Perfect Clones ?

Dan71

Hi,

i read a lot here and in other forum and i asked mp to some kindly member:blush:, but i have yet a doubt :confused:

I want improve the dial of my 1680 Perfect Clones with a Yuki_Eta_2836 or Yuki_Spec_1570 ( or a RLX_GEN if i have budget..).

I have read that the Cartel dial diameter is 26,2mm and the Yuki ( and Gen ) is 26,5, so i have to mill/shave the dial_seat_rehault for .3mm.

Now my doubt is about the Date Window..

My clark plexi ( that i think is for Gen-Spec ) il too far right ( see yellow arrow in the pics) so i think that a Yuki_Spec_1570 ( or RLX_GEN) will be too far right for my Cartel DWO.

In other word , i not understand if the Yuki_Spec_1570 ( or RLX_GEN) have the Date Window too on the right so it cut the left of the font/Number and for example

if today data is "25" i can se only the "5" , or if is the opposite and  the Date Window cut the font on the right so i read only "2". :( 

Maybe i have to change the DWO with this Silver DWO cityweekender/peter park ? or i have to buy another DWO , but which one ? 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ETA-movement-part-date-disc-silver-2824-2836-2893-rolex-oyster-date-/121976006293?hash=item1c66562695:g:jSAAAOSwQItTy1X8

Or best solution, is buy a Yuki_Dial_Eta_2836 so the Date Windows is on the correct position for my 2836 DWO ? 

thanks for your support

IMG_5026.jpg

image.jpeg

IMG_5026.jpg

Edited by Dan71

"I have read that the Cartel dial diameter is 26,2mm and the Yuki ( and Gen ) is 26,5, so i have to mill/shave the dial_seat_rehault for .3mm."

You will need to remove the movement, measure the dial and then see how much 'dial seat' is machined into the case. Dial seat = the flat area where the front of the dial mounts inside the case. The dial 'window opening' of a genuine spec 1680 is approximately 26.2mm. 'Dial window' = the hole in the front of the case where the dial can be seen.

Some cases may have a dial window opening that is oem spec of 26.2mm +/- but the dial seat may be as big or bigger inside the case than what is needed to accommodate a 26.5mm dial so no modification is needed for an oem spec 26.5mm dial. If your dial is 26.2mm in diameter, the dial window opening will probably be closer to 26.0mm than oem spec 26.2mm. This is why everything has to be measured on replicas because there are no standards.

If the dial in your case turns out to be 26.2mm and the dial window is 26.0mm...you can go with a Yuki 26.5mm 1680 dial. Catch 22...if the dial window is 26.0mm, a 26.5mm oem spec 1680 Yuki dial may work but too much of the outer edge of the dial will be covered up and the dial window may need to be slightly enlarged etc, etc, etc, (read the sticky above 'Building an MBW Sub' where it discusses and cusses DW cases). It's all a hellofamess and I have gone through this many times. One very important tool needed in these projects is a precision digital caliper.

Yuki dials will be the correct oem diameter and date window offset on rolex spec dials. Not sure about vintage rolex type Yuki dials for Eta 28xx movements.

Here is a discussion on date window offsets:

http://rwg.cc/topic/184464-anyone-know-where-to-get-a-127-crystal-with-correct-cyclops-position#comment-1472835

ok tsk!

i read the link ..i think that maybe the opener have a MBW , and if i correct understand :g:is Gen spec (Gen "dial widow "& Gen "date window") so the Clark plexy don't work ..

but also my Cartel watch have a Clark plexi and don't work , so maybe the Cartell have Gen Spec ? :huh: but it have Eta movement so the "date window" position should be different..:crazy:

the only solution should be buy 2 dial from Yuki ( one for gen 1570 movement and one for eta 2836 )  choose the better one and sell the other .

but in this way i spend twice money  :cc_hang:

Edited by Dan71

"the only solution should be buy 2 dial from Yuki ( one for gen 1570 movement and one for eta 2836 )  choose the better one and sell the other"

It's a slippery slope. After a few years of these projects, I have 3 or 4 runners and maybe a dozen in parts. Talk about being $$ under water in faux divers...   :snorkel:

...but I am the only 'DW case expert' that I know of.

The cartel subs (1680 & 1665) have the standard eta dwo and then glued on top the rolex rep font DWO you see but the position is not the standard ETA.

(i have try whit yuki 1680 eta dial and i have to sent it back and get the one for rlx movement that have dwo position like the rep one)

11 hours ago, LovesOldsWacthes said:

No i used the standard dwo from rep and i just replace the dial.

Unfortunatelly i no longer have watch and i do not take picture.

ok , is a shame..

why you sell the watch?

but the fonts was centered in the Data windows ? :pray:

One other thing to consider is that the Clark plexi has been known to have the cyclops too far to the right when placing it on reps. It was that way when fitting on the old PT cases as well. I changed mine to a Sternkreuz and the cyclops lined up much better with the rep dial. If you don't want to change the dial or reposition the datewheel, that would be something to consider as well.

ok tks,

but now is more important improve the dial and  centered data windows with number..

so the plexi came i second order..maybe i can reinstall the original cartel plexi that i remember is nice..

Hi ,

i have found a Gen luminova dial "Swiss" refinished for 330 euro , but i have a doubt about the color..

In is necessary change also the hand and the pearl_insert or i can keep my creamy hand and yuki pearl_insert ?

what do you think about the color (pure white) of luminova Dial ?

tks

Edited by Dan71