When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

rOLEX WRAPPED

lillo

I am a Rls enthusiat . I have selled only steel reps. i have seen the wrapped Rlx from perfectclones and other sires.

The price i s very High. I an inexpert to goldwrapped watches. In your opinion what is the vatuatation of these watches ?

Thanks for answer

Much of the time with replicas, 'gold wrapped' is really just heavier than usual gold plating. Real 'wrapped' gold is a thin layer of gold much like what was used on older 'gold filled' cases, bracelets etc. There is no way to tell what you are getting unless another member recently bought a similar watch from the same seller. There used to be some very good gold and steel bracelets with gold wrapped center links but I do not know if they are still being sold or not.

As for cases...most of them today are either heavy gold plated or maybe with a high genuine priced name brand, you might still find some gold filled or gold capped cases. 'Gold capped' is a thin layer of gold pressed and soldered over a base metal case, usually only on the top side. The 1980s rolex 15505 is one example and they had solid gold bezels.