When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

It's Official, My Mail Carriers Suck

section8

So I bought a PAM 088 from subzero1 who very kindly shipped it overnight for me so I could get it before I fly out on my business trip on Monday - tracking shows that it did indeed get to VA this morning and is "en route" to delivery - yet i have all kinds of junk mail in my mailbox and no WATCH!

Oh well, Guess I'll just have to wait until I get home on the 14th to enjoy my new watch.

Joe welcome to the club we all have prob's with courriers, my last three have come up on computer check as delivery attempted but address not found.

Now I do live in a rather new street yet one would think these guy's are fitted out with the lastest directories but it's far worse than that because each time it has been THE SAME BLOODY GUY!

Ok breathe in breathe out, breathe in breathe out................I'm cool now, I'm fine and yes Joe we all have these prob's :lol:

Ken

My wife was home all day yet when my new PO was supposed to be here today all I found as the orange tag from the postman. He did not even knock on the door. Just left it there. Guess it will be a Sub night downtown tonight.

Edited by yllwtrb

Joe welcome to the club we all have prob's with courriers, my last three have come up on computer check as delivery attempted but address not found.

Now I do live in a rather new street yet one would think these guy's are fitted out with the lastest directories but it's far worse than that because each time it has been THE SAME BLOODY GUY!

Ok breathe in breathe out, breathe in breathe out................I'm cool now, I'm fine and yes Joe we all have these prob's :lol:

Ken

That's bad when it's the same guy that can't find your house! Our carriers usually can find the house, they just don't pay attention to who's mail they're handing out! I'm always getting other people's mail in my box - over christmas I got some poor bastards paycheck and I had to track down his house!

haha, mine is going too lately...and no you didn't - i figured you were just busy and it wasn't a rush so I didn't want to bother you again.

BTW Joe did I give you that quote on the other bag?

My memory aint what it used to be................in fact it never was :lol:

Ken

It's pretty late but hold out hoping! I have had express shipments come on different trucks than regular mail and come as late as 8:30pm!

Note that overnight usually comes with caveats such as "must be mailed before noon" or something to arrive next day... doesn't sound like this is the case for your item but good to remember.

Also maybe you can head to the PO and see if you can pick it up... if the PO guy got back eariler it might be there for you!

Well my faith is restored in the mail system, apparently express mail is guaranteed to be delivered - even on sunday! I just got the PAM and it's gorgeous! Now if only i wasn't doing chores around the house I'd have time to take pictures of it.

I SHOULD have gotten a gorgeous Pam 253 Regatta from Joshua Sunday morning, but I didn't.

Tracking info says delivery was attempted at 9:30 am - BS! I was home until 5 pm and nobody rang doorbell all day.

It says a delivery notice was left - no pink slip that I could find.

So, I call the post office this morning and, of course, I'm put on hold for 13 minutes until they look everywhere for the package, I've been to this post office and it's a mess. I'm surprised they find anything there.

They have the package, so now I have to drive to work tomorrow, pay $18 for parking, drive to PO at lunchtime which will take over 1 hr. round trip.

This is what I get for the $25 shipping charge. At least I'm getting the watch.

I'm sorry but the post office workers are absolute morons, I've had to deal with them on a number of issues and I'm absolutely shocked the USPS system "works" at all.