When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Regulating A2836 movement.

richard591

After purchasing my DSSD Black with A2836 movement the watch is now settling down after about two months wearing. At first it was approx 15 secs a day slow, but is now consistently about 10 secs, so I assume like any piece of mechanical equipment it's got a running in period.

I will soon be dismantling it to completely waterproof and want to use the opportunity to correct the regulation to slightly fast. Am therefore looking for any useful tips or observations from those who've done it themselves.

Have read a number of posts in various places suggesting that movement of the adjusting screw by one notch in either +/- direction changes fast/slow regulation by about 5 secs per day. Is that broadly correct? Seems a bit much to me, as I would have thought it might be a bit more sensitive to movement. However, I've never adjusted a 2836 movement before, only an Omega Speedmaster.

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

Update on my original comments/question.

Took the back off and started by adjusting the regulation screw by about 1 notch towards +. This corrected the slow run to just about -3 secs per day from -10 to 11 secs per day. Took the back off again after it had settled down and moved the screw another 2 notches towards + which has resulted in the watch now running about 6 sec per day fast.

So, my conclusion is that (at least on this DSSD) with A2836 movement the posts I have read about 1 notch being about 5 secs per day seems about right. Overall I have moved it 3 notches and it's gone from - 10 secs per day to +5/6 secs per day. Hope this is helpful to anyone contemplating re-regulating their own.

Second update.

No problem. Having got it to +5 secs a day, took the back off again yesterday morning and backed the screw off by approx half a notch. In the past 24 hours it's gained 1 sec against my computer clock. Will be interesting to see if that continues with the likely daily variations you would expect from a non-certified chronometer. Wearing characteristics for me are:- put on wrist at about 8am, then wear for day to about 10-30/11-00pm. Then besdide table until morning with watch lying on its back.

Since this is (hopefully) last time I need to take back off for some time also carried out a complete waterproofing as it was re-assembled. This involved making sure the central part of the two piece back seated perfectly in its case groove (required a liitle micro fettling to make perfect) then silicone grease to all parts of the winder tube gaskets, crown gasket and the inner back gasket itself. Also put a little smear on the outer ring inner chamfer to aid tightening down on to the inner part of the back. After this, accidently jumped in the pool yesterday afternoon with watch on. No problem. Still perfect.

Thanks for that. You've just reminded me, I remember being told that many years ago by Rolex when I dropped my gen Sub off for a service. Never bothered to do it with that watch, but will try with the DSSD. The sub is in for a service at the moment, so will be interesting to see just what the 575 euros cost has achieved!! Ironic that you can get a beautiful rep of the DSSD D-Blue like the noob V6s I've just bought for way less than that.

Third update on DSSD black.

Now, after 3 days from last tinkering, it's running at 7 secs fast compared to my computer clock and that's lying on it's back all night, face up. So, will try the "lay vertical, winder down" tonight and see what happens.

At this level af accuracy I regard it as very good and not worth disturbing the back again now it's all been waterproofed. This equates to just over 1 minute a month error if it remains consistent and to be honest my gen Rolex Sub is about the same. After much tinkering I also didn't get my gen Omega Speedmaster Pro Moonwatch any better.