When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Newer Cartel 5513 bezel assembly construction

RickFlorida

Hello everyone.

I have a newer Cartel 5513 and I was please wondering if I understand correctly about the bezel assembly.    I noticed these inserts are just glued on top of the bezel instead of press-fitted in.

Has anyone confirmed that the case neck is about 28.2 mm so could we theoretically purchase an WSO complete bezel assembly for 5513 and would those bezels then use press-fitted bezels that  snap in?

Thanks,

Rick

Thank you sir.    Interesting they nailed the case back that takes Rolex opener tools, dial size, and even the thread tap for crown tube is correct but they didn't care to use a proper size bezel ring so they just glued the insert?   I guess it's too expensive to make a spec bezel.

In case anyone else wants to know, the neck size is around 28.1 so I think you can buy a proper bezel assembly.

So it's ironic.    119 for a great case and bracelet, but you need to spend around 140 for aftermarket bezel assembly ( all 4 pieces).

Glue failed my insert within weeks but a great case otherwise.

Is it difficult to manufacture the correct bezels?

On August 2, 2016 at 3:21 AM, RickFlorida said:

In case anyone else wants to know, the neck size is around 28.1 so I think you can buy a proper bezel assembly.

So it's ironic.    119 for a great case and bracelet, but you need to spend around 140 for aftermarket bezel assembly ( all 4 pieces).

Glue failed my insert within weeks but a great case otherwise.

Is it difficult to manufacture the correct bezels?

Is the aftermarket assembly you are saying is plug n play? Or mods need to be done? Thanks!

Hi there.   Well since 28.2mm is the original spec diameter of case neck, yes a good aftermarket entire bezel assembly should fit.  But this means you need all 4 bezel pieces together.    Im new at this but I believe only WSO on eBay, or Clark's are readily available bezel kits.    But also remember that there are slightly different crystal sizes so I recommend you look at JackFlash's "updated cartel 5513 " thread. 

I will build mine soon.