When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Custom builds

kernow

Do you have any custom builds - not frankens, but something modified away from OEM specification? We spend all our time trying to get our reps to look original and gen, but how about taking it to a different level - making it look like a modified gen - with a different dial, bezel etc? I've a couple incoming from Micky so in a few days I'll post 'em up. :D

Not sure if this is what you are lokking for but I have a mingle mangle between a Tudor and PVded Rolex Daytona built from drawer stuff. :-)

FullSizeRender.jpg

Edited by gasebah

DSC_3704_zps1lss9znh.jpg

Modded directly by the manufacturer: Caddell Rouge

DSC_3795a_zpsvok5qdqr.jpg

PCG 5513 with 6538 dial and gilt hands and big crown, started as a fantasy and turns out it actually exists and was produced like that in the early times (with small crown). 

If it can be done - it has be done:)

DSC_3704_zps1lss9znh.jpg

Modded directly by the manufacturer: Caddell Rouge

DSC_3795a_zpsvok5qdqr.jpg

PCG 5513 with 6538 dial and gilt hands and big crown, started as a fantasy and turns out it actually exists and was produced like that in the early times (with small crown). 

If it can be done - it has be done:)

How much the cost for this pieces?

11 hours ago, Buddhabar said:

How much the cost for this pieces?

The TC with shipping and 4% paypal fees will be about $540 + exchange rates, ready out of the box with a very good clone 2824 movement. The second one is a budget Cartel 21j 5512 or 5513 (very reliable and the new ones have better crownguards) $118 plus shipping from Supermirrors (or $220 for asian clone). Modding depends on choice of materials and if You do it Yourself (if budget: hands $7 to $35 Rafflestime or HR; dial $35 Raffles to $120 Yuki or more Tonny; fitting plexi $20, better insert if not the original some $35 to $50, lugbars $5 to $20). It should have an Athaya-crown and tube (another $35) but I didn´t want to do that for risk of damaging the caseset or stem. Rolexaddict (in the EU) works magic on the caseset, lugholes, crownguards at a cost but he would also relume the original dial and age the hands if needed with some savings there.

Note: it takes gen-spec dials that are 26 or 26.5mm, Raffles only sells 28mm and 29mm dials so those have to be filed off. Imo the vintage Cartels are very rewarding/easy to wear on the wrist watches without going over the top with the cost.

• Like 2

Here's one of mine fresh back from Micky. Not quite a custom, but more a super franken. 

Gen bezel, insert, crystal and dial (relumed by KeNnY/Matej). Loving it very much :D

Thanks Micky

image.jpg

• Like 1