When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bad idea?

DNPChem

Could only find this rep. Closest ones to what I was looking for. Is there any difference between the noob and bp?   

http://www.intime.co/rollie/2583-submariner-bp-16613-black-two-tone-black-dial-on-bracelet-on-miyota-9015.html

http://www.intime.co/submariner/2107-noob-submariner-116613-ln-ss-yg-black-dial-bezel-on-ss-yg-bracelet-a2836.html

Edited by DNPChem

13 minutes ago, silentflight said:

They are different watches. Ones an aluminum 5 digit, and the other a ceramic 6 digit. 

Right, maybe you could give me your opinion on both. Not sure how the sweep is going to be but I'm more interested in the appearance.

5 hours ago, DNPChem said:

Is there anything wrong with the 16613? Or should I go with a Noob

You just need to decide what you like more. I personally like the previous generation subs with alumin inserts as opposed to the newer bulkier subs with ceramic inserts. Just taste. 

16613s are tricky and not a single one is great out of the box. All great 16613s are hand built and are about 1500$ minimum. Mine totaled just shy of 2k. 

I'm relatively sure most gen-spec cases for aluminum submariners are designed for 2824. 2836 is a great movement though. 

It it just depends. BP has a classical submariner with a miyota that has received great reviews for a great price. Just don't expect to throw any genuine parts in it with the exception of maybe the insert. 

It all comes down to what you want to spend and how close you want it to be to perfect. 

If youre building a two tone 16613, you'll want 18k gold bezel, not plated, and that alone is 500ish. Just to put it in perspective. 

Wow thanks for the info. I actually saw a BP from trusty that looked great. Just trying to get a good feel for a decent submariner. Also, just out of curiousity, why should I opt for the non-plated two tone over the cheaper plated model?

Edited by DNPChem

4 minutes ago, DNPChem said:

Wow thanks for the info. I actually saw a BP from trusty that looked great. Just trying to get a good feel for a decent submariner. Also, just out of curiousity, why should I opt for the non-plated two tone over the cheaper plated model?

Basically for wear and tear. On a Rolex the gold parts are solid gold. One minor desk dive mark on 16613 rep and the plating is scratched through to the base stainless steel.