When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

King's 2006 all SS GMT Master 50th An

rek001

Hi, everyone, hope you are having a good day.

I'm thinking of acquiring a GMT Master and I was browsing King's site where I came across this "updated" (her description) 50th An GMT Master, please click for link:

http://www.kingshowbox.com/ROLEX-262.htm

Can someone tell me what's up with this watch? As far as I can tell it looks like it's all SS except for the gold and black bezel? That can't be, can it? I like this watch but, sheesh.

I know her english is not very strong so I'm hoping to avoid having to contact her and ask her directly.

Thanks very much!

I've been in touch with her nearly daily and I would say her English is OK enough to answer. I believe the genuine item is only presently available in all 18K so any steel or TT model would be a fantasy model. The one in the link looks to be all gold.

Edited by Kerbus

Thanks for the replies so far guys, but, I'm still wondering.

If King's watch has any gold she says so, but not here. So one is to assume it is SS.

Take a good look at the pix, to me it seems the watch is all SS except for a black/gold bezel.

Crazy, no?

OK, I think I'm figuring this out.

The upper pix have a watery gold cast to the metal, but the bottom pix showing bracelet details are definately all SS, shwoing a different watch I think.

I'm gonna send her an e-mail abot this and report what I find out.

You guys like this watch?

Well for one, her description of the movement is wrong, it ain't 2836 (which is ETA), it is the new Chinese "red" copy movement, and the crown is bit off...

... and there was me thinking it was a new ETA Nickel movement. Yup, there's the ETA logo.

15762-3419.jpg

OK, I think I'm figuring this out.

The upper pix have a watery gold cast to the metal, but the bottom pix showing bracelet details are definately all SS, shwoing a different watch I think.

I'm gonna send her an e-mail abot this and report what I find out.

You guys like this watch?

Yeah, that sounds correct. You mean any "all gold" model to be plated, right? AFAIK, the only watches featuring actual 14K are TT and are identified as such. Genuine, solid gold models are tough to come by and, understandably, cost $$$.

Plated gold, yes of course, solid are almost non existent.

I e-mailed her, now that i'm looking at her pix again, I do believe this is the Tt version, just introduced at Basel. That would make sense, who in their right mind would affix a black/gold bezel to an all SS watch, I'm a bit embarrased for even thinking such a thing.

I can just make out a difference in the color of the metals used in the bracelet, and it looks like Tt.

Shows you what poor lighting does to product photography.