When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

When You Return A Watch...

Devedander

I mean what do you put for a return address?

I was thinking if customs gets wind of it and decides to track you down they might think YOU are selling fake watches...

But if you don't use your own address and for some reason it comes back...

BTW to clarify this is if you return a watch to a dealer for being broken or something.

I've only had two returns, but I always ship them in relatively small boxes, wrapped & labeled nicely & neatly. Even non-rep items that customs might still have a a beef with, like the cigars I mailed to Thor in Germany.

I use my home address right there on the front, with the same custom-made labels I put on all my packages. Essentially, I make it look as if it's a gift for someone; less likely to be nabbed by customs than a shady looking box with no address, or the wrong address. On the customs declaration form I check "gift", and label it as a "child's toy" worth $20.

I never really thought about, but then only once have I had to return a watch to a dealer.

On the other hand I kind of like the conceit that someone in the US might be selling a rep watch to someone in China, etc. :thumbsupsmileyanim: Somehow I don't think that scenario is at the top of customs' list of concerns.

If I am returing a watch overseas (which is rare), I would follow the dealers

instructions to the letter. This way you have complied in case there is a

problem with a lost item! ;)

-MM

I'm with MM on this one, follow their instructions, just the same as you do when you are ordering.

Esmarc :pimp:

Guest RiverwindMDS
What?!

Don't you label it "illegal counterfeit terrorist item"??? ;)

Did you know that in the appliance for having a VISA in the united states it is asked:

"Are you a terrorist of a terrorist association recognised by the united states?"

So I am a terrorist but a freelance so I putted no and they gave me the visa... Crazy no? I haven't even lyed...

Everything is true exept the fact that Iìm a terrorist...Crazy no?

I don't think anyone cares about your OUTGOING address. Customs does not look at or care about what LEAVES the U.S., only what comes in.

Put your real address on it and ship away, and god help you if you have THAT many returns that it should be of any concern anyway.