When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Question on jackjo Seadweler crystal and insert dimensions

Timelord

Hi to all, 

am considering to purchase a jackjo seadweller from a local owner which is fairly well priced , but before pulling the trigger, I was worried about what replacement parts it takes such as bezel, crystal and inserts in the event I need to replace them.

i have done some research on past forum topics and know thaw jackjo was an excellent modder who no longer works on these cases and made a great case from a standard silix case to be as close as to the real thing as possible, but did not necessarily accept oem parts.

does anyone who has or has had worked on this case know 

(1) what bezel insert it takes and if an oem one will do?

(2)crystal size?

(3) if the whole bezel needs to be replaced if a standard one or I'm one will be a good substitute??

Long shot questions, but any info wold be greatly appreciated with much thanks!!!

I believe Jackjo modified SSD V1s and SSD V2s. I've never heard of anyone using a Silix SD.

Insert on the SSD is standard SD size which is slightly smaller than a 16800/16610 insert

Crystal size is 30.5mm as I recall.

Forget about replacing the bezel- there are no substitutes.

Jackjo used to be on RWI as I recall, you might see if he has a section over there.

BP SDs have come out since then and are considered the best 16600 rep at this time

11 hours ago, alligoat said:

I believe Jackjo modified SSD V1s and SSD V2s. I've never heard of anyone using a Silix SD.

Insert on the SSD is standard SD size which is slightly smaller than a 16800/16610 insert

Crystal size is 30.5mm as I recall.

Forget about replacing the bezel- there are no substitutes.

Jackjo used to be on RWI as I recall, you might see if he has a section over there.

Thanks for your input.  Much appreciated!!!! I had almost given up on hoping for a response!

Wow,  I learn something new every day.  I was under the impression that jackjo used ordinary sub cases and modified them to be as close to the genuine case.  I was unaware  that he used SSD V1s & SSD V2s and then made further modifications to them.  Makes sense as the one I have seen seems to have a smaller diameter dial opening and thicker case which is what puzzled me as to what sort of case he used to do mods on .  They must have been fairly good!!!  

As there is no substitute for a bezel, would a genuine seadweller Bezel fit or was it a particular sized bezel that was tailor made just for this case???

There's no way to fit a gen SD bezel to a SSD. First of all, you must realize that the Rolex SD is a beast unto itself and the unique case construction has never been copied- hell, even Rolex needs special tools to mess with a SD (16660 and 16600). SSDs have a rep bezel assembly- nothing close to gen.

Your best bet is to get a BP SD and go from there- but other than a bezel insert, forget about gen parts other than the old crown and tube mod. TC makes a good SD dial, but the BP dial isn't bad to begin with. 

If you're really stuck on a SD, buy a gen - but finding one for $5K usd is tough these days. They quit making the 16600 quite a few years ago.

22 minutes ago, alligoat said:

There's no way to fit a gen SD bezel to a SSD. First of all, you must realize that the Rolex SD is a beast unto itself and the unique case construction has never been copied- hell, even Rolex needs special tools to mess with a SD (16660 and 16600). SSDs have a rep bezel assembly- nothing close to gen.

Your best bet is to get a BP SD and go from there- but other than a bezel insert, forget about gen parts other than the old crown and tube mod. 

Thanks again.  It is just that someone local has a very impressive one for sale at what I think is a great price, but was in a dilemma as to either pull the trigger or just play wait for something more like a BP SD for later:g: Was Nice to get feedback