When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Where to find the small case neck/crystal gasket of Cartel 5513/1665?

RickFlorida

Hello everyone.  Does anyone know what size or where to get one of those thin case neck crystal gaskets that are on the cartel 5513/1665 cases?   It's difficult to measure that small grove or the gasket itself since it's small and holds no shape.   It's the gasket that seals between case neck and crystal like seadweller.    Is it simply like a seadweller gen gasket size?

20 minutes ago, Mysharona said:

It's the same size as a case back gasket

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

im pretty sure its a different part number. one ends in 10 one ends in 8. my memories fuzzy on that, i havnt built a vintage sub or sd in years, but i remember ordering different parts. i think you can use the same case back gasket but for the retaining ring but it doesnt fit perfectly

"It's the same size as a case back gasket."

"I thought it looked less in thickness but I could be wrong."

On MBK 5512/13/1680 cases I needed to use a gasket with a smaller cross section than the oem 325-10 case back gasket (325-10 = 32.5mm id x 1.0mm thick).  I used a 32.0mm x .8mm gasket on top of the case because that is what I had (did not have 32.5 x .8) and it worked fine.  If the gasket tends to crawl out of the groove before the bezel is pressed down over it, you can use thick silicone sealer/lube on it to hold it in place.  I sometimes use 'K44' silicone paste in situations like this...it is a lot thicker than regular watch grade 'silicone 7' etc used on watches and it is up to the task for sure.  You can find it in automotive parts supply stores where it is sold as a heat shield/lubricant between disc brake pads and caliper pistons.

Thanks guys.    Automatico, I will try the size you used for MBW.   Maybe everyone is still reusing the same crystal gasket that came with the newer cartels so no one has had to find a new one yet.     If you remove that gasket, it pops out very unshapely from being squeezed so much with the crystal on.   It's distorted and impossible to tell what size it was.   If 32.5 x .8 works I'll report.

Edited by RickFlorida