When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Who has the best Bakelite bezel for Rolex 6263

CLA82

Option #1 -

the NYC bezel is best bang for the buck. $125 but he buys and resells in batches. Have to wait for him to relist or find one m2m.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-High-Quality-Bezel-Vintage-Rolex-Daytona-6263-Watch-/262682215137?hash=item3d291482e1:g:tYMAAOSwU-pXuxzQ

Option #2 -

Highest Qualty is Phong / Jenson. They have MK 1, 2, 3, and 4 Rep bezels. List is $450

http://www.vintagewatchmaker.com/category-s/1819.htm

Rarely, would I make such a hyperbolic claim regarding an aftermarket part, but Phong's plastic (it is NOT Bakelite) 62xx series 1 62xx bezel is, hands-down, the best. Nearly exact fonts, proper spacing & even has flat-top 4s & swan-neck 2s........more or less, depending on the batch you get (consistency has never been the norm in aftermarket parts, even in the case of the high-priced sellers).

Be aware that I had to remove a small bit of metal (Dremel & sandpaper) from the inner circumference of the bezel to get it to fit over my gen xtal.

6241%201030%20Balance%200102__-2_tonemap

By the way, the NY ebay seller's bezels are good, but not in the same class as Phong's series 1 bezel (Phong's bezel replaced that NY ebay seller's bezel on my 6241 Newman). That said, the NY ebay seller's are about 1/3 the cost of Phong's, so they may be a better option for a rep or non-V72-powered franken watch.

• Like 2