When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Shorten a 7032 minute hand

gasebah

Hi guys,

I just recently bought a 7032 with Yuki hour and minute hand. I am still waiting for the watch but already thinking about improvements. What bugs me from the pictures is that the minute hand is too long. I have to shorten it by maybe a milimeter or so. What would be the safest way to do so? Just use small pliers and hope nothing will get bend or is there a safer way?

-Alex

Nonne? Of all the acclaimed watchmakers? I really would like to fix this as it bugs me big time. But I do not want to damage the hand in any way given how good the aged lume matches the indizes.

1485522006_zpsnya085pq.thumb.jpg.5d4212185424beadf09f91014e7b4a5a.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, champagne-communist said:

Are these dw subdial hands?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

I am not sure. I bought the watch from a member. He said hands are a mix of gen Valjoux and Yuki. As the minute and hour hand are clearly Yuki I guess the subdial hands are from the donor watch and have been painted to match the 7032. Any tip on how to shorten the minute hand (file, cut?)?

52 minutes ago, gasebah said:

I am not sure. I bought the watch from a member. He said hands are a mix of gen Valjoux and Yuki. As the minute and hour hand are clearly Yuki I guess the subdial hands are from the donor watch and have been painted to match the 7032. Any tip on how to shorten the minute hand (file, cut?)?

ok, yes, you file it down with sandpaper, there is a member here and on RWI, HugoP, he did this mod. Im going to do this to my MC too.