When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Explorer 2

bokkiebeh

Hi guys,

I ordered a white rolex explorer 2 from a dealer on this forum.

My friend, who wanted to buy the watch, says that I didn't receive a good one.

In my case the GMT dial is not RED, but VERY dark red. (wrong colour or not?)

Dealer says it is correct like new version in rolex shop.

What do the experts think?

thx

In the sake of interest, I thought I should scan then entire Explorer page from the brochure. It seems to me that the black face explorer GMT hand looks a different tint.

sorry for the size, but I didn't want to resize the image and lose resolution.

181291-7214.jpg

edit...inserted new pic.

Edited by miquel

post-2448-1168757880_thumb.jpg

Hi guys,

I ordered a white rolex explorer 2 from a dealer on this forum.

My friend, who wanted to buy the watch, says that I didn't receive a good one.

In my case the GMT dial is not RED, but VERY dark red. (wrong colour or not?)

Dealer says it is correct like new version in rolex shop.

What do the experts think?

thx

I purchased a watch from one of the dealers here also I took a picture of it and my red hand is very dark also! It could be because of the lighting used in the better shots is a lighter red because of the lighting that the pros use. Correct me if I am wrong if someone has a gen or a watch with a lighter colored red hand let us know.

There was some explorer made from the watch maker(reo) that have the dark color gmt hand...But:these explorers are with better finish of the gmt hand and better bezel:My explorer is with the darh gmt hand also and this is not correct...but the watch is much much better overall from many other explorer reps here is a pic of a gen so you people can see the correct color of the gmt: 1st pic gen and then the rep:

182599-6808.jpg

and the rep:

182599-6809.jpg

182599-6810.jpg

182599-6811.jpg

There was some explorer made from the watch maker(reo) that have the dark color gmt hand...But:these explorers are with better finish of the gmt hand and better bezel:My explorer is with the darh gmt hand also and this is not correct...but the watch is much much better overall from many other explorer reps here is a pic of a gen so you people can see the correct color of the gmt: 1st pic gen and then the rep:

183956-6462.jpg

and the rep:

183956-6463.jpg

183956-6464.jpg

183956-6465.jpg

What version is your exp? The cgs and crown look good. Does it have the correct stack? The cyclop looks a little to the right. All in all, excellent.

I got Andrew's adjustable hour hand version. Red Big Joe modded the cg and changed out the crown to a more correct crown (actually from the adjustable GMT hand version). He also lined up the bezel and made it flush with the case. The result is stunning. The crystal sits high and crown and CGs are very very close to the gen. I will post a thread and pics once I receive the watch back from Joe.

-bm

What version is your exp? The cgs and crown look good. Does it have the correct stack? The cyclop looks a little to the right. All in all, excellent.

I got Andrew's adjustable hour hand version. Red Big Joe modded the cg and changed out the crown to a more correct crown (actually from the adjustable GMT hand version). He also lined up the bezel and made it flush with the case. The result is stunning. The crystal sits high and crown and CGs are very very close to the gen. I will post a thread and pics once I receive the watch back from Joe.

-bm

Its the standar model wich came from Josh!