When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

[HELP] 3646 Cali build with Cortebert 616 holder

Msuwendy

Hi everyone hope im in the correct section of the forum, i need help regarding this projects currently looking for budget friendly advice, so i have the case sets from nightwatch the cali case set and kindda make a mistakes so ive choose the 616 movement holder and stuck with the budget of buying it, my question is can the Molnija 3201 15 jewel fit in that movement holder? 

Ask Nightwatch, I would guess your easiest way forward would be to get a Molnija movement holder. I can’t say what he would be prepared to do for you, swap the item, swap the movement holder or sell you a replacement holder. He is a very helpful and passionate guy though so I would ask there first 

Looking at the movement repository, here are the closest match to the two you asked about:

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&4&2uswk&Cortebert_616

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&4&2uswk&Molnia_3602

Now you asked about a "3201" Moly, and if that existed the first two digits refer to its diameter so you'd have a 32mm piece there.  I'm guessing you meant a 3601.

Looks like the Moly is slightly larger in diameter and over 1mm shorter in height.  Nightwatch will be the best guy to answer this though.