When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Asia Clone 3135 Movement reliability

ziax

Hi all gonna be buying a rep rolex with AC 3135 Movement I'm gonna get some bits done to it but like service piled greased etc but not for the first month of having it I'll enjoy it for what it is but what is the Movement like straight out of the box I heard that you should get it serviced as soon as you get it as some of the parts fall off and the Movement can go wrong I would like some experienced AC 3135 Movement owners opinions on this

Thanks like forward to your replies!

Kind Regards

Freddie :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I do not know the ins and outs of the 3135 sure others will chime in but a service is a very good idea right from the get go. Next question is who is going to service it unless you have somebody.

Hi I have a friend that is a jeweller I was going to ask him if he knows how to do it or if not someone he might know someone who will do it but not 100% sure I was going to ask him I was probably going to see if someone can do it on here I want to do some mods to it as well like gen dial and Date Wheel and maybe crystal

Thanks for your reply

Kind Regards
Freddie

Freddie I do not know of any "jewelers" who can perform a service on a Asian movement forget the mods find a rep modder.

Oh really I haven't had a chance to ask him about it he lives around an hour away from me he does do stuff with watches like buy and sell so I thought he might know a watch smith that knows how to do it and with a rep modded would I get the parts and send it all off to him or do I tell what I want then he gives me a price then I just send the watch to him

Thanks for your replies it's very helpful I'm a noob to rep watches and getting them modded

Kind Regards
Freddie

If he is capable of working on the movement and doing the mods consider it a a golden find!
PS treat him well and pay the price if so you are lucky!

Ok thanks for your replies they were very helpful I'm hoping to buy the watch in the next 2 weeks and the more I think about it he probably won't be able to do it so probably will send it off to someone on here do you know if there's any rep modders in the U.K. by any chance?

Kind Regards
Freddie

I'm conus but there are guys UK/EU who can help although none I use.

Thanks a lot you were a lot of help thanks for answering my questions sorry if I was a pain im excited to get the project on the go I'm gonna upload pics before it's done and after

Cheers

Kind Regards
Freddie

Hi Freddie,

I have not heard of an "AC3135" movement. What I have seen are the SA3135 movement and SH3135 movement. 

The SH3135 movement is reliable after servicing, and of course even more so when parts are replaced with ones from the Rolex caliber. ;)

Hi Freddie,

I have not heard of an "AC3135" movement. What I have seen are the SA3135 movement and SH3135 movement. 
The SH3135 movement is reliable after servicing, and of course even more so when parts are replaced with ones from the Rolex caliber.

Hi Legend

I made AC short for Asia Clone sorry if I confused you I was wondering if it was reliable straight out of the box as I was going to wear the watch stock for a month while I get all the parts I need I just don't want it braking on me

Cheers

Kind Regards
Freddie

2 minutes ago, ziax said:

Hi Legend

I made AC short for Asia Clone sorry if I confused you I was wondering if it was reliable straight out of the box as I was going to wear the watch stock for a month while I get all the parts I need I just don't want it braking on me

Cheers

Kind Regards
Freddie

Hey Freddie no worries mate, matter of nomenclature. 

Go for the SH3135 if you can, and be gentle when operating the crown to wind the watch or set time. 

It is one weakness of the movement. The good news is that the movement can be easily upgraded using gen Rolex parts when they do break on you. ;)

Thanks guys you were a lot of help im not going to do the mods so quick now as the time I've bought the parts I could have had 2 very nice reps if I had never had found this forum I would be still wearing watches from dhgate and markets lol thanks guys I will be uploading some pictures in the next few weeks of my new watch!

Legend i think trusty only has the SA3135 movement on the ARF Rolex Datejust 36mm I will have a look on intimes website to see what they have

Cheers

Kind Regards
Freddie

7 minutes ago, ziax said:

Thanks guys you were a lot of help im not going to do the mods so quick now as the time I've bought the parts I could have had 2 very nice reps if I had never had found this forum I would be still wearing watches from dhgate and markets lol thanks guys I will be uploading some pictures in the next few weeks of my new watch!

Legend i think trusty only has the SA3135 movement on the ARF Rolex Datejust 36mm I will have a look on intimes website to see what they have

Cheers

Kind Regards
Freddie

yes I think the model you are after offers only the SA3135 option. I will advise you to wear it until the movement gives (if it gives at all) and then upgrade it. 

I am glad you found this forum useful, there are many very knowledgeable members here, much more than myself. They will be able to help you along your own rep journey. :)

yes I think the model you are after offers only the SA3135 option. I will advise you to wear it until the movement gives (if it gives at all) and then upgrade it. 
I am glad you found this forum useful, there are many very knowledgeable members here, much more than myself. They will be able to help you along your own rep journey.

Alright I'll where it as it is I'm assuming that isn't going to break in a few months I've had dhgate reps that cost £100 with a 2813 movement which isn't the best movement and it lasted longer than I thought and yeah I think they only make the SA3135 movement I haven't seen the SH3135 which is a shame as you can swap some of the parts for real parts but can you change dials and date wheel with that movement?

Cheers
Freddie