When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fat 7750

Gillesss

Sure 904L steel is very nice, but I would really enjoy a working chrono that's thinner or some watches I can actually swim with. And in general some more reliable movements could definetely not hurt the rep game. What are everyone's opinions on this? Is it too much to ask to improve on the functionality off the watch? At 400$ dollar you can get an automatic diver from other brands that even designed the watches themselves.

About a reliable movement... all the 2824 and 2836 clones are reliable as the Miyotas, the chrono clones not really...

If you want a "good" watch for 400$ or less then buy an affordable Gen (Hamilton and Tissot are my fav....then Bulova,Seiko,Citizen...)

Who buy a rep usually is aware of its limit.

This one is sold for 332 € (here in Italy)

233327.jpg.2ce68581c54be2033fc8687764a07d80.jpg

Thickness is limited by the movement type. Typically a lot of chronographs use a 7750 movement. If you select a rep of a gen using a 7750 then it could be the correct thickness compared to the gen. My rep Seamaster chrono passed a pressure test with flying colours and I’d have no issue with taking it for a swim. Although I’d not use the chrono underwear like you can with the gen. 

For dive watches, I personally will stay away from chronos. Firstly, you will not be able to use the function underwater, and second, dive watches need to have clear uncluttered dials if you do depend on them.

Pick something with an A2824/A2836 movement, get it waterproofed and it will be a good swim companion.

Dive watches with chrono functions are gimmicky and are more for aesthetic dry-land appeal vs functionality in a wet environment.

For dive watches, I personally will stay away from chronos. Firstly, you will not be able to use the function underwater, and second, dive watches need to have clear uncluttered dials if you do depend on them.
Pick something with an A2824/A2836 movement, get it waterproofed and it will be a good swim companion.
Dive watches with chrono functions are gimmicky and are more for aesthetic dry-land appeal vs functionality in a wet environment.

Wasn’t looking for a chrono that is waterproof but just in general I feel like they should improve the 7750 and give the watches some good waterproofing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk