When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Why Not Copy A 3/6/9 Chrono Movt?

docblackrock

ETA 7753s certainly seem to be available to rep manufacturers - Joshua still has the newer PAM chronos with ETA 7753, just click this link and you can see for yourself.

The lack of PAM187 with ETA 7753 is that it may be another factory making it, rather than the original two. I don't really know, but that's my guess. Fingers crossed though... you'll see ;)

I've heard of the Cartier Santos Chrono with ETA 7753 but never really got a big liking to that, just the standard Santos 100 in two tone, but I can't find one with solid gold parts :(

But the datewheel is white instead of cream...

I agree that they'll never be able to rep the DD module or the El Primero--even though that really would be the "Ultimate." What Seagull or someone else in china should do, though, is make a simpler chrono movement (either based on the asia 7750 or venus) with similar subdial spacing and configuration to either the EP or 2894 or both. That would open up a whole new world.

Until then, there is no alternative--even if you can find an oem dial and real 2824 that fit size wise in a rep case, the pushers won't work on the 2824 and where are you going to get the hands for an el primero based watch aside frm a daytona?

The 2894 is a really complex movement. It's hardcore.

At this point, why not rep the El Primero. :D

ps. One reason the 2894 is hard to rep: It's very, very slim. Another, the amount of torque produced on the chrono flyback means if you ever remove the second hand, you need a new one. Also, you need special tools to even look at it.

True!!!....I have an Omega Dynamic chrono with one of those "modular" movements, and I can't even find a watchmaker who'll open it up for less than $300.00....In fact that watch drove me to start buying reps again...WTF WANTS a gen watch that costs an arm and a leg every few yrs, just to make it run again..???...I went through that for 30 yrs with a Rolex, and I totalled up my expenses to keep it running for 3 two yr periods during that time as six times the price I paid to buy the damn thing!! :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Never under estimate our chinese friends.. Only a couple of years back people scoffed at the idea of a 7750 copy and look where we are now. I would not be at all surprised to see a proper 7753 copy appear anytime or even a 2894 within the next year or so.