When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Roger Dubuis Easy Diver

Watchmeister

A number of dealers are offering a substantially better version of the Dubuis Easy Diver with Lemania movement. Has anyone bought this one. The gen is a stunning watch in person and it wears like a PAM. The rep looks pretty good but my fear is the "carbon fiber" at the end of the case and on the side lugs looks cheap. Anyone?

185779-6030.jpg

185779-6031.jpg

185779-6031.jpg

185779-6033.jpg

185779-6034.jpg

Pictures 'borrowed' from Puretime and King.

I dont think I will buy it.I dont like the look ..but for me..if i buy..people will know that im wearing a fake watch...its so damn expensive

I doubt that 0.00001% of the worlds population knows this brand...and, the price isn't much more than a PAM217....or fiddy...and i suppose you have those...

They aren't even close. They have the general idea of the watch but compare the reps pics to the gens. Wrong color dial, stick markers are completely wrong, the black face gen is not a chrono and the lines across the face are alot different. The gen is highly polished almost chrome looking the rep is not near that. The list goes on.

I have to say that in the flesh the gen is a much more elegant version of say a 212 or 253. And no, I don't go diving. :lol: I suspected there would be too much wrong with it. I saw the gen in both SS and SS with WG bezel (or all gold, I am not sure) and it was, IMHO, really stunning. It interested me because this will be the last version of this model (gen) with the Lemania chrono (actually the Patek version of the movement) and even the rep movement looks nice (although it doesn't have the engraved bridges nor is it as nicely finished as the gen, of course). The next version will be an automatic.

Having tried on the gen, I can say that the new rep is a fair copy, and a great looking dive watch. Seems though that for such a big watch, the strap will only fit up to a 7.6 wrist and mine is 8....I am considering the watch but wonder if another strap would be hard to get for my size.

If you like it.....get it. It's a beautiful watch. I know the real deal rather well, and this is pretty damn close... even with it's flaws. Boy, we've gotten picky! a year ago we would have all drooled over how close it is. Now, even MINOR flaws are enough to turn people off. I'm considering it, even though it may not be my style, just cause it is such a unique brand.

Personally, the fact that it is a very expensive watch is what turns me on.

How many here have even seen this watch before, let alone become expert in how it should look?.....without a 3x loupe?

If you like it.....get it. It's a beautiful watch. I know the real deal rather well, and this is pretty damn close... even with it's flaws.

How many here have even seen this watch before, let alone become expert in how it should look?.....without a 3x loupe?

exactly why its on my 'to buy wish list'. your associates who don't know the brand are gonna look it up.. and be stunned that YOU have one. paleeze.. the hardcore members on this board are WIS. [this means you are too picky analretentive] now if your buddy has a gen RD EasyDiver you may not want to get this rep.. but how many of our buddies have a limited (<1000 production series watch)??????

Try 288 pieces on this particular version (mistake on caseback - :lol:). The other thing is that the next version will be slightly different with the automatic movement and as such this may be very much like the IWC GST where the gen was made a couple of years ago and so the liklihood of you running into this one is extremely low. How many people who would buy an Easy Diver are going to buy a hand wind no date version. After all, its not usually the WIS who are buying this one. ;)

Try 288 pieces on this particular version (mistake on caseback - :lol:). The other thing is that the next version will be slightly different with the automatic movement and as such this may be very much like the IWC GST where the gen was made a couple of years ago and so the liklihood of you running into this one is extremely low. How many people who would buy an Easy Diver are going to buy a hand wind no date version. After all, its not usually the WIS who are buying this one. ;)

Kruzer, your response confused me :rolleyes: . The original is a manual, no date watch. BTW, what's the mistake on the caseback?

thanks

Sorry if my post was confusing. The current Easy Diver Chrono is manual and uses the Lemania/Patek movement. It already has or will be discontinued. There are actually only 280 in the series - not 888 or whatever is written on the back of the rep. Apparently there will be a new chrono version but it will be automatic. :)

Sorry if my post was confusing. The current Easy Diver Chrono is manual and uses the Lemania/Patek movement. It already has or will be discontinued. There are actually only 280 in the series - not 888 or whatever is written on the back of the rep. Apparently there will be a new chrono version but it will be automatic. :)

Aaaah, thanks Kruzer. Actually, that would make this more collectable since the gen manual is so rare. As for the mistake on the caseback......doesn't bother me. probably 500 people in the world know what the original should be......and I'm not showing it to them anyway :black_eye:

Robert-

Are you going to pick one up? I see myself sliding down that slippery slope. :rolleyes:

Yup. Only problem is that I was gonna pick up the white dial and there is no gen of the white only silver and black and "pink". I already have a ton of black faced watches, so maybe the "Pink" or champagne colored one.

Aaaah, thanks Kruzer. Actually, that would make this more collectable since the gen manual is so rare. As for the mistake on the caseback......doesn't bother me. probably 500 people in the world know what the original should be......and I'm not showing it to them anyway :black_eye:

The Easy Diver has a limited edition of 888 pieces as can be seen from the Gen case back. From what I know the strap is rubber as shown.

186389-5822.jpg

186389-5823.jpg

186389-5824.jpg