When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rbj Modded Explorer Ii, Perfect

bklm1234

I just got my Explorer II back in the mail from Joe today. Oh boy, am I happy. What a job Joe did. He's such a great guy to work with. He really took the time to communicate with me, made recommendations, and tried to save money for me. He sent me pics to illustrate what he would do and let me decide. He achieved everything I asked for and more. It's money well spent to me. I recommend Joe to anybody who wants mods done. Joe knows his stuff.

Back to my watch - when my Explorer II first came, the bezel was misaligned. Note how the 6, 12, 18, 24 on the bezel don't align with 3, 6, 9, 12 on the dial.

186224-5851.jpg

Now the bezel is perfectly lined up.

186224-5852.jpg

Joe recommended to brush the CG from the bezel to the base of the crown because that's the way gen has it. Look how nice he made that. He also sanded the inside CGs to let the crown totally uncovered. While he had the watch, I received a crown from the incorrect hand stack version of Explorer II which I sent to Joe immediately. This crown looks more like the gen's. But it screwed too tightly and wasn't flush with the case when totally screwed in. Joe, trying to save me money, sanded down the tube and polished the thread. The result: the crown screws in and out smoothly and perfectly flush with the case. Now the CGs and the crown look just like the gen's.

186224-5853.jpg

186224-5854.jpg

gen:

186224-5855.jpg

The watch came with a good gap between the bezel and the case.

186224-5856.jpg

It turns out to be a blessing in disguise. Joe managed to make the bezel flush with the case. The added benefit of that is now my crystal appears higher. Yowsa. It looks thick, doesn't it. The watch now can stand up to the toughest scrutiny of any WIS. Enjoy. -bm

186224-5857.jpg

186224-5858.jpg

186224-5859.jpg

186224-5860.jpg

186224-5861.jpg

186224-5862.jpg

186224-5863.jpg

186224-5864.jpg

Edited by bklm1234

wow another nice review and im so glad u got it on time and i only wish i never met u for one reason , cause i had to buy the white dial version, :thumbsupsmileyanim:

but its ok cause i am enjoying mine and btw thanks for the extra crown i will put it to good use on my watch

joe (rbj69)