When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Joshua's Ultimate Sub- Weight Question

J-Auz

for those of you who have a Joshua's Ultimate Sub...

I have an gen omega planet ocean 42 mm. for anyone who has held this watch, its a beast. its very very heavy but i have become used to it. i have a rep sub that i got from clubreplica (groan, i know. it was before i found this place) but everytime i pick that watch up, it feels very light and like a toy compared to my PO. im not sure if this would be the same for any sub or if it is just the crappy clubreplica version. for anyone that has a ultimate sub from joshua, what is the weight like? can you compare it with a PO? thanks for any help!!!!

JAA

The sub is only 40 mm, doesn't have an iron core, has hollow midlinks and the bracelet tapers a lot. It is a lot lighter.. something in the order of 130 grams if i remember correctly.

Here's the dimensions chart again. All weights are measured with all bracelet links intact. Sub is around 100 grams lighter than the 45mm PO (these charts apply to gens and ETA-powered reps too) The reps' weights are very accurate, usually just off around +/- 2 grams.

187560-5524.jpg

@By-Tor: We should have the complete set of those charts pinned somwhere like in the repair section. Very helpful.

I know the full gold Rolexes are way heavier than the SS counterparts, but is there much of a weight difference in the two tone versions?

@J-Auz I have had many versions of subs reps and genuines. They are all light compared to other watches. It used to be that you could tell a fake just by holding it. The old ones were ridiculously light. I have had a genuine sub and daytona accused of being fake due to the weight. My buddy has a genuine Rip Curl that is heavier than the sub. The gold versions however are a different story. Way lighter than the gens.