When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2 Current Lv Versions Compared Side By Side (other Than Mbw)

bklm1234

I think there are really only 2 models of LV being offered currently in terms of case, dial, bezel, bezel insert, crown, CGs. Josh's and Andrew's expensive models are really value-added of these 2 versions.

Version 1: Paul's so called perfect sub, Andrew's, EddieLee's, Precious Time's, noobmariner, nyphomariner

Version 2: Paul's W-747, Josh's, Belial2k, Ruby's, Silix's, Angus'

I put Version 1 on a yellow cloth, Version 2 on a white background.

187089-5626.jpg

Frontal: Version 1 wins on the dial print and bezel insert. The bezel pearl is round and recessed while Version 2's is flat. In addition, its date window size, shape, and position are all correct while Version 2's too big, squarish, and right. The bezel teeth on Version 2 are better because they are less slanted when viewed from the side. The gear look is more prominent and sharp. But they suffer from irregularity. Some teeth are bigger and some are smaller. So it's a toss-up on bezel teeth.

187089-5627.jpg

187089-5628.jpg

Crown and CGs: Version 2's crown is smaller, more like the gen's. The case before the CG line is brushed like the gen on Version 2 while it's polished all the way on Version 1. Version 2 actually has the CGs and crown too far away from the bezel. To correct that, you need to pull the tube and sand down the base of the CGs to make it closer to the bezel. Both versions need some shaving on the inside of the CGs.

187089-5629.jpg

187089-5630.jpg

Rehaut: No doubt Version 2 has a deeper rehaut. It looks a little more conical in the pics. In real life, the conical look isn't as dramatic. It looks really good.

187089-5631.jpg

187089-5632.jpg

To be found out: I have a dial and date wheel for Version 1 coming which I intend to put on my Version 2. I will check if the dials are the same size and report that. Stay tuned.

-bm

Edited by bklm1234

what about the mbw version?

asking George to let me view his photobucket. I asked in Sept. After a few questions, e.g. where I was from, whether I bought any rep from anybody else, I didn't hear back from George. I'm asking again now that I bought a number of reps from other dealers.

-bm

Edited by bklm1234

I see the search for the best Sub still continues. Quite close, but not really (as usual).

They're both ok reps, but the "S" in "SUBMARINER" is crooked as hell on the version 1. Not that it really matters... but I've never seen a flaw like that before. That might become a collector's item one day. :lol: (ok just kidding).

I think there are really only 2 models of LV being offered currently in terms of case, dial, bezel, bezel insert, crown, CGs. Josh's and Andrew's expensive models are really value-added of these 2 versions.

Version 1: Paul's so called perfect sub, Andrew's, EddieLee's, Precious Time's, noobmariner, nyphomariner

Version 2: Paul's W-747, Josh's, Belial2k, Ruby's, Silix's, Angus'

I put Version 1 on a yellow cloth, Version 2 on a white background.

187311-5571.jpg

Frontal: Version 1 wins on the dial print and bezel insert. The bezel pearl is round and recessed while Version 2's is flat. In addition, its date window size, shape, and position are all correct while Version 2's too big, squarish, and right. The bezel teeth on Version 2 are better because they are less slanted when viewed from the side. The gear look is more prominent and sharp. But they suffer from irregularity. Some teeth are bigger and some are smaller. So it's a toss-up on bezel teeth.

187311-5572.jpg

187311-5573.jpg

Crown and CGs: Version 2's crown is smaller, more like the gen's. The case before the CG line is brushed like the gen on Version 2 while it's polished all the way on Version 1. Version 2 actually has the CGs and crown too far away from the bezel. To correct that, you need to pull the tube and sand down the base of the CGs to make it closer to the bezel. Both versions need some shaving on the inside of the CGs.

187311-5574.jpg

187311-5575.jpg

Rehaut: No doubt Version 2 has a deeper rehaut. It looks a little more conical in the pics. In real life, the conical look isn't as dramatic. It looks really good.

187311-5576.jpg

187311-5577.jpg

To be found out: I have a dial and date wheel for Version 1 coming which I intend to put on my Version 2. I will check if the dials are the same size and report that. Stay tuned.

-bm

Thanks for taking the time you did a great job. IMO posts like these are valuable for two reasons... the comparison itself was great, and the follow-up from other members tends to be very provocative.

I wish someone was rich enough to buy all versions and do this kind of comparison for all reps. This is great work. Thanks.

Usil

good thing about these models they are very inexpensive. v1 as low as Paul's $149+WU fee (i got it from andrew though), v2 as Silix's $145 shipped. of course they are no MBW, both price and quality.

-bm

I see the search for the best Sub still continues. Quite close, but not really (as usual).

They're both ok reps, but the "S" in "SUBMARINER" is crooked as hell on the version 1. Not that it really matters... but I've never seen a flaw like that before. That might become a collector's item one day. :lol: (ok just kidding).

I didn't even pay attention to that. Too busy photographing and looking at other parts. I have to get a replacement dial now. Dang it.

-bm