When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1655 Bezel problem

Ralphy

Hello one & all,

I have recently bought a rep (a 1655 orange hand) and unfortunately the bezel has fallen off. Obviously this model does not have a ratchet-style bezel but i assume that it is supposed to be able to turn freely?post-425-1143898090_thumb.jpgpost-425-1143898135_thumb.jpgpost-425-1143898217_thumb.jpgpost-425-1143898268_thumb.jpgpost-425-1143898309_thumb.jpgpost-425-1143898337_thumb.jpgpost-425-1143898394_thumb.jpgpost-425-1143898436_thumb.jpg

Anyway, now that the bezel is off i can't see how it could be fixed any other way than gluing. This being the case i guess it won't turn once i've glued it on!

I've attached some pics and would appreciate some feedback about how i should tackle the problem.

I should point out that i am a complete novice and have done nothing more complex than change a PAnny strap before... :unsure:

Thanks y'all

Wow, I like to know how to cuz I have one comming just like this. Is there no spring arround the inside of the bezel that look like the inside of a sub bezel?? I really thouth it is like a sub bezel. I hope yours is not factory error.

I agree with ubiquitous, I would clean any remaining glue from the case and the bezel, and mix up some 5 mintue epoxy, put some on the case (not on the bezel as it may touch something you dont' want glue on while installing it) and use a toothpick to put a thin bead of glue, line up the bezel and install it and wait...5 minutes or so...

RG

I fully agree with ubi and Rob: My 1655 bezel has fallen off a few weeks ago and furthermore the crystal. There was no other way: I took some epoxy (normally I hate that stuff :D ) and the problem has been fixed in a few minutes (and for the next two thousand years I guess... :D )

Thanks very much everyone that's very helpful indeed. I couldn't work out from the internet references that i had found whether or not the gen bezel could turn freely but at least now i know.

I'll pop into my friend the jeweller and pick up some abrasives to clean the watch & will get that glue sorted.

cheers everyone