When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Do Rep Manufacturer Also Have Regular Business..?

Pix

Hi,

here are pictures of a watch I bought some time ago on ebay for 79 EUR. The brand is TRIAS, and obviously only available on the web.

It came with a 2 years warranty and the house claims to be in Germany (Schwarzwald)

In the meantime I fell in the rep world :thumbsupsmileyanim: and wandering on Josh's webstore I was surprized by a Chronoswiss which furiously reminded me of my watch.

What's your opinion on that ? Do they come from the same manufacturer... Or does Trias just make some kind of official reps ? :whistling:

188094-5423.jpg

188094-5424.jpg

188094-5425.jpg

188094-5426.jpg

(Sorry the pics could have been better...)

Hell yes!

Most factories have 2-3 shifts. It would not surprise me if they ran the legit watches on day shifts; you know 7a-3p, 3p-11p. And then pump the fakes out on the late shift; 11p-7a!

At least that's what I would do. I have often wondered this very same thing myself, because how would rep makers be able to purchase eta movt's if they didn't at least have some reputable business?

This is certainly a factor in eta's move to phase out watch movt kit sales to third party builders.

I have a newer Invicta with that sellita sw200/ eta based movt. It's not bad, but you'd better wind it in full turns when you power it up. No rocking back and winding with half turns; you'll tear it up. At least I did. They replaced however.

Peace.