When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How Long Did Your 7750 Works?

than_talas

Hi everyone!

I was thinking to get some reps but some of them have an Asian 7750. I've read many post from people that hates this movement and some others that "loves" it. I only have an Asian 7750 (Omega Seamaster Professional) and at the moment, it works ok. But I bought it only two months ago and I fear it gets damaged in a nearby future.

So, I would like to know how long your 7750 works fine, without any service because, of the 5 reps I'm thinking to buy, 4 of them have the 7750 movement (12-9-6 configuration).

Only one more question? Navitimer Serie Speciale is the first rep in my list. Do you think is a well waste money?

Thanks...

i have very bad experiences with asia 7750

i have bought 12 watches in my live with asia 7750. 3 of them was demaged when arrived. 3 demaged after few weeks and 3 after few month. 2 demaged after 1-2 years and 1 working now 3 years.

it´s very painful, because mostly watches are with asia 7750 movements.

Hi everyone!

I was thinking to get some reps but some of them have an Asian 7750. I've read many post from people that hates this movement and some others that "loves" it. I only have an Asian 7750 (Omega Seamaster Professional) and at the moment, it works ok. But I bought it only two months ago and I fear it gets damaged in a nearby future.

So, I would like to know how long your 7750 works fine, without any service because, of the 5 reps I'm thinking to buy, 4 of them have the 7750 movement (12-9-6 configuration).

Only one more question? Navitimer Serie Speciale is the first rep in my list. Do you think is a well waste money?

Thanks...

It's a crap shoot my friend. I've been lucky 4 times out of 5. Some arrive DOA. Quality of parts manufacture seems to be adequete...but assembly, oiling, cleanliness....seems to go in cycles. The good news is that they are, for the most part, serviceable. When you need to have one serviced....and all mechanical watches need to be serviced at some point..you will get a strong reliable runner according to our resident repair expert here.

I can only attest to 9 months of trouble free running...but most of these movements that are destined to fail in short order, do so in the first few weeks or so.

i have bought 12 watches in my live with asia 7750. 3 of them was demaged when arrived. 3 demaged after few weeks and 3 after few month. 2 demaged after 1-2 years and 1 working now 3 years.

Were those modified Asian 7750s or non-modified with seconds at 9 ??

It's a crap shoot my friend. I've been lucky 4 times out of 5. Some arrive DOA. Quality of parts manufacture seems to be adequete...but assembly, oiling, cleanliness....seems to go in cycles. The good news is that they are, for the most part, serviceable. When you need to have one serviced....and all mechanical watches need to be serviced at some point..you will get a strong reliable runner according to our resident repair expert here.

I can only attest to 9 months of trouble free running...but most of these movements that are destined to fail in short order, do so in the first few weeks or so.

but how much cost this service? And home much cost a watch with asia 7750 movement?

add both and the watch will cost you 3 times more as a ETA 2836-2 watch.

Of course, our dealer friend Tourbi sells Swiss 7750s!!!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Get one from a reputable dealer (whew...theres a mouthfull considering certain recent threads!!!) and he will usually have the drop shipper run it for 24 hours first to test function...and then if it's problematic...you have options. DOA watches are usually exchanged no problem.

And don't forget to FULLY wind your 7750 on arrival before attempting any chrono functions. There are operational quirks in running the chrono's on less than a full power load that the copy shares with it's genuine cousin.

Were those modified Asian 7750s or non-modified with seconds at 9 ??

all type of asia 7750 are [censored]... mostly the versions with small second 6 o´clock

maybe they will all work, when The Zigmeister has it serviced. But how much cost this service, and The Zigmeister is in Canada, i am in germany. Customs risk, expensive shipping cost... all in all that not worth.

asia 7750 sucks... but all nice watches work with asia 7750.

and it is very difficult to find a replacement movement. I have 3 demaged daytona with small second 6 o´clock. Surching long time for a replacement movement but no result. I have ask also our dealers, but very difficult to get it.

all type of asia 7750 are [censored]... mostly the versions with small second 6 o´clock

maybe they will all work, when ziggy has it serviced. But how much cost this service, and Ziggy is in Canada, i am in germany. Customs risk, expensive shipping cost... all in all that not worth.

and it is very difficult to find a replacement movement. I have 3 demaged daytona with small second 6 o´clock. Surching long time for a replacement movement but no result. I have ask also our dealers, but very difficult to get it.

The Daytona 6 is a totally different catagory. It is no doubt a piece of crap I would never buy. Ziggy has outlined ad nauseum, the problems with this movement. The OP was talking about unadulterated Asian 7750s

maybe they will all work, when The Zigmeister has it serviced. But how much cost this service, and The Zigmeister is in Canada, i am in germany. Customs risk, expensive shipping cost... all in all that not worth.

I thought the NON-MODIFIED NEW Asian 7750 were ok. At least I have not read anyone saying they stopped. I mean in particular the new models like Big Bang. I am really curious if they will stop working or not for those that bought it...

Btw. I am Germany as well :) Viele Grüsse !

Edited by uziuzi

Of course, our dealer friend Tourbi sells Swiss 7750s!!!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Get one from a reputable dealer (whew...theres a mouthfull considering certain recent threads!!!) and he will usually have the drop shipper run it for 24 hours first to test function...and then if it's problematic...you have options. DOA watches are usually exchanged no problem.

And don't forget to FULLY wind your 7750 on arrival before attempting any chrono functions. There are operational quirks in running the chrono's on less than a full power load that the copy shares with it's genuine cousin.

i am not interested to do promotion for me. I had listes decorated valjoux 7750 for $350 here but mostly RWG user buy it from Ofrei for $439??? No problem if RWG user don´t like me. I have many other customers outside RWG and they get me much higher price.

Can't our dealers find spare 7750 asian movements?! :whistling:

I can't believe... <_<

I thought the NON-MODIFIED NEW Asian 7750 were ok. At least I have not read anyone saying they stopped. I mean in particular the new models like Big Bang. I am really curious if they will stop working or not for those that bought it...

Btw. I am Germany as well :) Viele Grüsse !

mostly problematic are the datyona watches with small second at 6 o´clock. 80% of them are [censored]

mostly problematic are the datyona watches with small second at 6 o´clock. 80% of them are [censored]

Really not interested in another 7750 debate, ...but if your negative opinion of the movement is based in lousy experiences with the "11 gear modified" Daytona's and not in the unmodified versions, then I'd say you opinion is a bit biased by the worst offender in the Asian 7750 tribe.

Ziggy has attested to the 28,000 unmodified Asian 7750 as being a servicable movement. He has also refered to them as being dirty and over oiled and having QC assembly problems...but not necessarily inherent quality problems. I think he's quoted NO returns with his warranty policy on serviced 7750s?????

Like I said...I've been lucky perhaps. I've only bought one slightly altered 7750 (3,6,9). Three of the 5 I own run within COSC specs after I adjusted them. I'm not unhappy with my purchases.

I really like the new breitlings, but it is the movement that has stopped me from ordering one. Of course, I could get one with a swiss movement for 650, but then I think, why not get a decent gen used Hamilton or Swiss Army with a gen 7750 for that price?

Sounds like a sensible rep collector :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I have had three standard (6-9-12) asian-7750s:

Breitling Navitimer Fighters Special Edition

2x IWC GST

All three stopped working within weeks of arriving. None of them were service, but paying $300 for a watch then sending it for $175 in service was out of my price range at the time.

If you buy one, send it to The Zigmeister and have it serviced if you want it to last. Otherwise, it is a crapshoot.

I have daytona, seconds at 6.great looking watch(red-black),only worked for few months.shake it like mad it only goes for ten minutes.Dealer doesnt want to know.WAS EXPENSIVE ALSO!!

Bought it in my early days when i was just keen to have a trophy watch,i now know to read and learn.....then read some more!!.All watches i purchase now have no working chronos.it's easier

I have had three standard (6-9-12) asian-7750s:

Breitling Navitimer Fighters Special Edition

2x IWC GST

All three stopped working within weeks of arriving. None of them were service, but paying $300 for a watch then sending it for $175 in service was out of my price range at the time.

If you buy one, send it to Ziggy and have it serviced if you want it to last. Otherwise, it is a crapshoot.

They're not dead....they're just restin'!

I am wearing my 24 month old TTK supplied 188 on my wrist as I type this....and it still runs great...

It has the older Asian 7750, I use the chrono at least 10 times a day, and this watch keeps working and working...now I did service it 24 months ago, so far so good...no serviced Asian 7750's have been sent in for warranty, except for 1 from Kruzer00....I fixed it...

I also have a lot of spares...including running seconds at 6 models...

189552-5184.jpg

189552-5185.jpg

There is NO quality issue with the parts on any 7750, it appears to be a servicing issue (except for the running seconds at 6 models...), from my perspective, ETA 7750 is a 10, Asian 7750 is a 8.

EDIT, the cannon pin can be defective on the Asian models, if so, I replace it with an ETA one and this fixes the problem.

Servicing cost is $200 from me, it's not cheap, but compered to other shops, half or less of the price...servicing a ETA 7750 is $325...

RG

Hi The Zigmeister

can you get also replacement asia 7750 movements with running 6 for daytona?

sorry i can´t send my watch for service. I am from germany and will no customs risk when you send me the watch back.

regards

sorry i can´t send my watch for service. I am from germany and will no customs risk when you send me the watch back.

Get him to send them to me in France. I have no problems here, for some reason. If not, get any of your friends in Europe without German customs to forward them on.

Get him to send them to me in France. I have no problems here, for some reason. If not, get any of your friends in Europe without German customs to forward them on.

thank you for your help... but i think this is not good idea

i am not under customs control. My last watch (held by customs) is send to a friend and he has never order a watch before. It´s bad luck.