When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ar Group Run 1

HauteHippie

Last call for this round of AR.... I'll be sending out full instructions this weekend or early next week on payment, shipping, and labeling. We've met our required quote of 20, but can still accommodate more. So, if you want in and are not on the list below, then speak now or hold your peace until next time!!!

Current participants:

Me - 2

Flav - 5

Shultz - 2

Subzero1 - 6

Lovepanerai - 7

i have about 4 or 5 to have done but i dont have three of the watches here yet, should be here next week however , lmk via pm instructions and i may can still send in two pieces to have done ok also which colors r available?

thanks

joe

Pugwash I am also in Europe and interested in getting a crystal AR coated next time. Maybe we could arrange with someone to send the watch as a whole to them, pop out the crystal, then send it over to the US? A middle man of sorts?

Good idea. Actually I would also love to take part in this, but my Ingy has just been paid and I dont know how to remove the crystal so I guess by the time i figure out, its too late... :(

Good idea. Actually I would also love to take part in this, but my Ingy has just been paid and I dont know how to remove the crystal so I guess by the time i figure out, its too late... :(

@uziuzi

Just drop the crystal out with your fingers. No tools required.

You have to remove the movement first and then the crystal can be dropped easily. It will not break, trust me.

@pugwash / @ b16a2

I am in EU, too. I am going to send out two crystals on monday. Probably we can arrange a second run later? I want to get further two crystals coated but I am just waiting fro the new 7mm cyclopses. Maybe we can get a remarkable number of interested EU members together? Let me know! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

@shultz

I am in Germany so I am definitely in for the next AR run !! Hopefully as soon as possible. Maybe we even find an opportunity to get them coated somewhere in the EU ? Has anyone tried to find someone yet ? There must be a possibility without having to ship the crystals to the other end of the world....

I am in Germany so I am definitely in for the next AR run !! Hopefully as soon as possible. Maybe we even find an opportunity to get them coated somewhere in the EU ? Has anyone tried to find someone yet ? There must be a possibility without having to ship the crystals to the other end of the world....
Single coat yes, double coat, I can't find anyone as yet!

I am in EU, too. I am going to send out two crystals on monday. Probably we can arrange a second run later? I want to get further two crystals coated but I am just waiting fro the new 7mm cyclopses. Maybe we can get a remarkable number of interested EU members together? Let me know!

So I take it you know how to remove and replace the crystal? If you do would you be willing to do as mentioned? :bounce:

You have to remove the movement first and then the crystal can be dropped easily. It will not break, trust me.

Sorry Shultz just read this, so ignore my above question :thumbsupsmileyanim:

If you would be willing to pop the crystals out and send them let me know! I would definitely be interested in being on the second batch when I get my Ultimate PO!

James

To answer a few PMs about coating color: This coating is a purplish blue. Or a bluish purple. Give me some leeway as I am a tad color blind. :) But either way, it is the same coating used on high end watches, sunglasses, etc. And there IS color variance from run to run, but not from drastically blue to drastically purple. Another factor effecting color (and performance) is the substrate itself - more specifically the refractive index of the substrate. Performance is improved on high refractive index substrates. Best performance is acheived on substrates with an RI of about 1.9. Sapphire usually comes in just a hair under 1.8 - but can vary. If our watch crystals use a low grade sapphire (meaning one containing alot of impurities) - or don't use sapphire at all - then the RI will be lower than the gen watches, and that can definitely be partially responsible for some *slight* differences in color casts, transmittance, and ultimate performance - as I've said before. :) Also, for those interested, there is another higher performance multi-layer type of coating. This achieves lower reflectance, and higher transmission through the substrate than ours. However it is roughly 3x the cost and tends to turn the substrate a yellow/green cast. Ours will achieve 1% (or lower) reflectance on the coated side(s) of true sapphire, while the far more expensive coating will achieve 0.5%. Gen watches, having that blue/purple cast, are definitely not using the multi-layer coating. They're using the same coating we'll be using. :)

I think the summary is this: The coating I have found is the industry standard Mil Spec coating that is used for this sort of application. Any variances between gen crystals and our crystals that we might see in the finished results are going to be due to factors out of our control (quality of sapphire for example). And that's about all I can say.

Last call for this round of AR.... I'll be sending out full instructions this weekend or early next week on payment, shipping, and labeling. We've met our required quote of 20, but can still accommodate more. So, if you want in and are not on the list below, then speak now or hold your peace until next time!!!

Current participants:

Me - 2

Flav - 5

Shultz - 2

Subzero1 - 6

Lovepanerai - 7

i would be interested in one