When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

To Much Pre-advertising And Expectations

AMK000

A LOT OF EXPECTATIONS BUT NO WATHES YET

Ok .... this is not a complain the "pugwash" style. :whistling:

It's just an open invitations to all dealers to break their silence and inform us about some new and highly expected watches, if and when they will come (am I naive here ?? - most likely yes :wounded1: ). These watches were anounced aprox 2 months ago.

There we go:

1) Breitling Steelfish Superocean (not seen yet)

2) IWC Aquatimer Chronograph Cousteau Divers (not seen yet)

3) Chopard Mille Miglia Gt X (existing ones not recommended due to cheap/bad movements and many flaws)

4) AP ROO (exiting ones not recommended due to many flaws)

5) HB BB wth black ceramic bezel (not seen yet)

6 IWC big Pilot (ok, dealers never said that this will come .... was just a rumour from RT)

Author's foot note: 

In many cases I have wonderd if they dealers do really know nothing

A LOT OF EXPECTATIONS BUT NO WATHES YET

Ok .... this is not a complain the "pugwash" style. :whistling:

It's just an open invitations to all dealers to break their silence and inform us about some new and highly expected watches, if and when they will come (am I naive here ?? - most likely yes :wounded1: ). These watches were anounced aprox 2 months ago.

There we go:

1) Breitling Steelfish Superocean (not seen yet)

2) IWC Aquatimer Chronograph Cousteau Divers (not seen yet)

3) Chopard Mille Miglia Gt X (existing ones not recommended due to cheap/bad movements and many flaws)

4) AP ROO (exiting ones not recommended due to many flaws)

5) HB BB wth black ceramic bezel (not seen yet)

6 IWC big Pilot (ok, dealers never said that this will come .... was just a rumour from RT)

Author's foot note:

In many cases I have wonderd if they dealers do really know nothing about new models coming out and they just informed

by the factories the very last minute or they do know and they keep silent (for keep selling existing models maybe ???)

On the other hand it really [censored] me off (... did I wrote that right ??) when they pre-advertise new models, they create a huge

excitment and expectation and either these new models never come out or they come out too late or even worse what it comes out is pretty much a crappy watch and loaded with flaws.

Hope you are enjoying the waiting guys as much as I do.

PS: Just in case that my post can be missunderstood by somebody, I am not firing against any of the dealers here.

I am just asking them to be a bit more proactive (some are to a degree) and I am asking them to give us some more info on some of the the highly expected watch models. Nothing else.

- the funnything is i have appreciated Angus's announcments as it has gotten me all excited re: certain models - but, when josh and trusty weighed in on this - this is exactly why they said they don't do it - that basically they have learned not to create to much hype - i'm guessing because of delays ect ect

i'd also guess that there are too many dealers here for there really to be any delay between release and sale of a hot item - no omatter how much back stock there is - someone is going to come forward and offer it.

So - is it better that we know? or that we don't :)

I can say this - if it had not been for angus talking about the newer CHronomat and eventual TT chronomat then i may have made more of an attempt to buy the first generation one. :) but somehow, i found some patience

This is exactly what you shouldn`t be doing..................starting to get impatient.

Although somewhat understandable..........we are all impatient kids if it concerns new watches. :lol:

Puretime informed everyone on the board what new models where supposed to come out.

Him being so open gave a lot off people the chance to give their opinion of what changes should be made to make it better.

This takes time, a lot of time. If we are going to bash the dealer who is willing to shair this informaton with us he never ever will do this again. That is not what we want imho.

So do as we advise all the newbies...................................relax it will come :lol::lol::lol:

Angus' announcements allowed input from everyone to refine their product - hopefully a winner from everyone's point of view! I can barely afford 1 generation let alone 5 (a la Planet Ocean) ! So I guess his way served a purpose.

Informing us that one particular watch or new generation is coming out, can help to save up money for it as well as letting one decide upon which generation to purchase.

Most dealers want to be associated with a hot new model--how m any times have you seen posts that refer to "Angus's Big Bang?" so they rush to realse pics, news, etc... remember, the gottabefirsters provide whichever dealer introduces a desirable hot model first with huge profit margins, since the first pieces available cost 2-3X what the watches will sell for when they become mainstays of the dealers' inventories. I don't get excited about new models untill I see a few positive reviews and I don't buy them until the prices drop.

I agree with many of your comments guys .... but it takes ages.

..... and the released Choppard Gran Turismo XL (which I am dreaming of) ..... is simply bad.

Damn