When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Quartz

Torques

I met this older gentleman at a car show yesterday and asked him what kind of watch he was wearing. He told me a Rolex quartz. I didn't know there was such a model like that. He took the watch off and handed it to me. It was all 18kt gold and very nice. He said it cost him 9500.00 and that is was the last model available. I then asked him if it was an automatic because I didn't know any better. He said yes. That is pretty funny, an automatic quartz Rolex. :black_eye:

Edited by Torques

you have to love the oyster quartz... funnily enough rolex was heavily invested in the development of the quartz movment . in fact i believe back in the day (pre quartz explosion) they used to calibrate their mechanical movments to a 'super quartz' master clock.Certianly a collectors item or collectors item to be ... as they didn't sell too well (due to their step or dead beat)... a lot of the rolex quartz movments end up in rolex cellinis (sans second hands)

• 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

funny how the fan page completely ignores the fact that seiko invented the quartz watch. and that both seiko and citizen have produced very high grade quartz movements (used in The Citizen and Grand Seiko models) that were the most accurate wristwatches ever produced ;)