When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Josh And Andrew Rolie Sub Green Lv "perfect" Big Diff In Price

hiker01

Have you check the Rolex LV Green SS Submariner "PERFECT" model of Josh and Andrew? $150 difference, anybody have an idea why? They're both advertising same movement: Swiss ETA 2836-2, and almost same mod; Josh have added or spelled out mod on bracelet.

Josh: http://watchwindersworld.com/rlss10006-per...iss-p-1335.html

Andrew: http://www.ttwristwatch.com/index.php?main...products_id=797

Have you check the Rolex LV Green SS Submariner "PERFECT" model of Josh and Andrew? $150 difference, anybody have an idea why? They're both advertising same movement: Swiss ETA 2836-2, and almost same mod; Josh have added or spelled out mod on bracelet.

Last time I checked Josh's had modded CG's and Trusty's didn't...

TT

Josh's:

Value Added

Modifications : Watch Case, Crown Guards is modded to correct shape as genuine. Bracelet edges is modded smooth and whole bracelet is repolished to hariline low sheen finish.

Waterproofing : Additional seals are add on and watch is pressure tested to 5 bars... 50m waterproofing..

Movement is completely overhaul and re-assembled, serviced and re-lub with 5 different types of Swiss imported movement lubricant, Calibration to +5 secs per day.

Trusty's:

SPECIAL MODIFICATIONS DONE - *The Additional USD120 Difference Explained*

This "PERFECT" Submariner is specially sent for FULL SERVICE whereby the entire movement is completely overhauled, reassembled, serviced and re-lubricated with Swiss imported lubricants and the timing calibration adjusted to +/- 5 seconds per day (COSC Standards)

Additional Seals and gaskets are added and watch is pressure tested to 5 bars and tested to 45m waterproof

All of the above works are carried out by Swiss Trained Technicians

**Above EXTRA works will cost about USD150-USD250 elsewhere

Josh's:

Value Added

Modifications : Watch Case, Crown Guards is modded to correct shape as genuine. Bracelet edges is modded smooth and whole bracelet is repolished to hariline low sheen finish.

Waterproofing : Additional seals are add on and watch is pressure tested to 5 bars... 50m waterproofing..

Movement is completely overhaul and re-assembled, serviced and re-lub with 5 different types of Swiss imported movement lubricant, Calibration to +5 secs per day.

Trusty's:

This "PERFECT" Submariner is specially sent for FULL SERVICE whereby the entire movement is completely overhauled, reassembled, serviced and re-lubricated with Swiss imported lubricants and the timing calibration adjusted to +/- 5 seconds per day (COSC Standards)

Additional Seals and gaskets are added and watch is pressure tested to 5 bars and tested to 45m waterproof

Although I am under the impresion that they are selling the same watch, albeit with very different modifications, the watches in the pphotos do not look the same.

post-223-1170088988_thumb.jpg

Josh LV - Look Closely at "Swiss Made" and the hash marks

post-223-1170089030_thumb.jpgpost-223-1170089041_thumb.jpg

See the difference?

Having purchased these watches both ways, there is a significant difference. Josh has someone modify the bracelet, CGs and case, whereas Andrew's watch is mechanically serviced (same service as Josh).

With all the talk of late about misleading advertisements, it's unfortunate that many people may not know whether the advertised mods are real or marketing hype. I have bought several of these, and I have enough subs to know the difference - a lot of work goes into the mods, and the finished product has a discernably different feel.

Since the watch is built upon the same base as the MBW - that being the TW Best case, I think that Josh's watch is probably the best version of the modern sub available as it has a lot of labor put into that the MBW does not.

Bill

Josh's:

Value Added

Trusty's:

Thanks a lot, TT! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Although I am under the impresion that they are selling the same watch, albeit with very different modifications, the watches in the pphotos do not look the same.

post-223-1170088988_thumb.jpg

Josh LV - Look Closely at "Swiss Made" and the hash marks

post-223-1170089030_thumb.jpgpost-223-1170089041_thumb.jpg

See the difference?

Having purchased these watches both ways, there is a significant difference. Josh has someone modify the bracelet, CGs and case, whereas Andrew's watch is mechanically serviced (same service as Josh).

With all the talk of late about misleading advertisements, it's unfortunate that many people may not know whether the advertised mods are real or marketing hype. I have bought several of these, and I have enough subs to know the difference - a lot of work goes into the mods, and the finished product has a discernably different feel.

Since the watch is built upon the same base as the MBW - that being the TW Best case, I think that Josh's watch is probably the best version of the modern sub available as it has a lot of labor put into that the MBW does not.

Bill

Thanks a lot, Bill! :victory: - that's very illuminating! Should I believe the Swiss ETA 2836-2 claim and is it worth the extra $150, I mean for all the labor and such.

Thanks,

How is it different?

'

Josh's has a somewhat flat appearance while Andrew's appears rounded. I think that Andrew's is the better of the two.

However, if you have difficulty seeing the difference, it really isn't an issue for concern. <_<

Edited by jdavis

Thanks a lot, Bill! :victory: - that's very illuminating! Should I believe the Swiss ETA 2836-2 claim and is it worth the extra $150, I mean for all the labor and such.

Absolutely.

It will have a Swiss ETA, and it will have been serviced as represented. The ones I bought from Josh were very nicely done, and the difference in the cases, and bracelets, are obvious.

Bill