When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A Little Different

Guest TTK

Well...a very good friend of mine just came back from the Orient via the Silk road.....and brought 2x of these......one for me....and one for a customer back in the UK....and if I say so.....it's rather nice......most likely a fantasy model.....but with Silberstein's checkered model production runs.....one can never be 100% sure...( sic ).....anyway here it is in all it's glory......Alain Silberstein Krono GMT....full 7750 movement......with added GMT module.....!

192017-4683.jpg

192017-4684.jpg

192017-4685.jpg

Wow, just wow. While I'm not a huge Silberstein fan, the movement is special. Proper GMT module and not just a 24-hour hand powered off the day wheel?

Isn't this what we need for that big-ass Breitling World?

ps. Love the case. Not so much the hands, but love the case.

its quite a watch ^_^ and it is certainly something special. I like the name and the shapes used but find the case to shiny and fat for my own use. Still its Art. Alain must have found his inspiration in Miro or similar art

192822-4488.jpg

"architecte horloger," Alain Silberstein has the closest ties of any contemporary wristwatch designer to the Modernist movements of the last century -- including Cubism, Constructivism, and the German Expressionists. Since 1987 he has been producing his unique wristwatches under his own label, all in limited series, with a total output of less than 3000 watches per year. He now has his own art gallery in Paris to display his varied works, the Galerie Alain Silberstein.