When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Explorer I -124270 Gen & Clean Comprehensive Comparison

theonewatches

Hello, I'm Steve, I'm back, with the VSF factory also joined the Oyster Perpetual series of camp, CLean factory is finally unable to hold back, also began to expand their own product line, recently released 36mm Oyster Perpetual, Explorer I and the Air King, although these series is not particularly popular, but for the players interested in this is definitely a good news. After all, with the addition of the top factories, there will be more competition between the factories in these collections, and with competition comes better pieces, more choices for these collections, and more choices for everyone. If we stayed the same, we would have no choice in many models.

All right, let's end this irrelevant nonsense and get on with the job.

Front Dial View
1.jpg2.jpg

Light View
3.jpg
The black dial and steel case are always the first choice for replicas,Putting down the magnifying glass, it is hard to see any difference.

Bezel View
4.jpg5.jpg
The gap between bezel and crystal is well controlled, and the width of front and the height of side are identical to those of Gen.

Crystal Side View
6.jpg7.jpg
The crystal layers are fully synchronised with Gen, and the edges are chamfered so well that you can feel a distinct step when touching it with your fingers.

Stick View
8.jpg9.jpg10.jpg11.jpg12.jpg
The chamfers on the edges of sticks are very rounded, and the corner details of Arabic numerals are also not in any way problematic. Clean factory really does have a great attention to detail.

Oil font view
13.jpg14.jpg15.jpg16.jpg17.jpg18.jpg
The regularity and three-dimensionality are perfect. When we compare the font at 12 o'clock, it is easy to see that Clean's oil-printed fonts are really full, especially the "ROLEX" font.

Luminous Filled View
19.jpg20.jpg
The granularity of Luminous is noticeable and the fill height is fine, These are the usual detailing that should be.

Middle Axis View
21.jpg22.jpg23.jpg
The Middle Axis is already very close to Gen,It is the best shape the factory can make today, It would be perfect if the cut-outs were a little smaller.

Rehaut Side View
24.jpg25.jpg
The Rehaut engraving has always been clean's strong point, and the underlining is very clear, with the slight disadvantage of the crown form, Mouth is a bit crooked, which should only be an isolated engraving problem.

Crown side view
26.jpg27.jpg28.jpg
When in winding position after the crown has been unscrewed (Fig. 2), The shank shaft has the same length and threads as Gen. The sharp corners of the teeth are very rounded and more pronounced than even the Gen.

Case side view
29.jpg30.jpg
With a case made 1 to 1, The side shape is definitely not a problem.

Endlink side view
31.jpg32.jpg
There is a certain amount of sink, both inside and outside, especially on the inside, where the height difference and curvature are exactly the same as on the Gen. The sinking of the outer tips is noticeable and a bit greater than the Gen .

Backcase view
33.jpg34.jpg
The teeth of the bottom cover are particularly rounded, all appearing to be a certain width, and the brushed lines in various areas are clear.

Strap detail view
35.jpg36.jpg37.jpg38.jpg39.jpg
Without going into too much detail about the strap, it's worth noting that the engraving on the Clean does have that Gen flavor to it.

Laser Marker and Luminous View
40.jpg41.jpg 

Movement view
42.jpg43.jpg
As usual, the movement is VR3230, with movement code engraving on the mainplate. The cleats and gears are polished in all positions.

Data comparison chart

44.jpg45.jpg46.jpg47.jpg48.jpg
Note: All measurements are taken in a snap-tight condition and may be subject to error due to slight deviations in the caliper position, also the protective film on the clean is not removed.

The dimensions and thickness are basically the same as the Gen, and if you remove the protective film, the weight is almost identical.

Width of the first strap section (Clean)
49.jpg
Prior to this, other factories were using wrong cases, so the lugs were a bit wider than Gen's, including the wider strap. Instead of following the example of other factories to save time and effort, Clean has adopted 1 to 1 case and bracelet. The width of the first section of the bracelet is measured to be 18.6mm, and with a slight gap, the lug spacing is almost 19mm, which is the same as that of the Gen.

Well, today's post is here, thank you guys for watching. If there are any mistakes, please correct me. If there is anything else I overlooked, you can put it up, and I will try my best to complete it. Welcome to comment and exchange!

I will continue to bring you more detailed comparisons between replica watches and GEN’s. And it is also for you to choose the favorite models conveniently.

Illustration: Some photos deviate from the real object due to the light source. For details, please refer to the content. The size of the comparison picture is relatively large, you can download it and enlarge it for comparison.

There is no perfect replica, only the one you prefer.

Thanks.

Steve.

Telegram: u/Theonewatches_steve

WhatsApp: + 86-17081934955

Email: Theonewatches.ru@gmail

Edited by theonewatches
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...