When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is 2824-2 A Thinner Movement Than 2836-2?

bklm1234

2824 is 4.8mm vs 5.05mm for the 2836 AFAIK. I'm not 100% sure but I think the difference is solely down to the addition of the day wheel feature to the '36. It sits inside the '36 date wheel which is offset slightly compared to the 2824 date wheel. So if my presumption is correct the 2824 would need to be lowered WRT the crown tube by .25mm

Hope that is of some help.

2824 is 4.8mm vs 5.05mm for the 2836 AFAIK. I'm not 100% sure but I think the difference is solely down to the addition of the day wheel feature to the '36. It sits inside the '36 date wheel which is offset slightly compared to the 2824 date wheel. So if my presumption is correct the 2824 would need to be lowered WRT the crown tube by .25mm

Hope that is of some help.

lowered instead of raised? btw, maria is such a babe.

- bm

Well, in my case, the 2836 that I had tried fitting in my case had the stem positioned too far towards the caseback in the tube; hence, it would allow the crown to screw down, but the tension would cause the stem to snap. Fitting the 2824 brought the stem forward towards the dial side just enough to center it... And hence solving my problem :)